#1February 28th, 2007 · 09:15 PM
12 threads / 11 songs
61 posts
United States of America
An Idea

This song is not in a battle

Hey so this is a short recording of me singing and playing guitar, obviously.  I'm trying to improve my singing and melody-creating.  Please do not critique the quality, lyrics, shortness of recording, or that sort of thing.  This is by no means a completed song.  I would like critique on my singing in particular.

Thanks!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 28th, 2007 · 09:34 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
44 posts
United States of America
I think your voice is really cool. I like your accent. You may not be perfectly on pitch 100% of the time, but I think that makes it even cooler sounding.
#3February 28th, 2007 · 11:46 PM
51 posts
United States of America
its nice
the voice fits nicely 
it would be cool if you could play the whole song a little bit slower especially guitar.
I reccommend you ask people to critique (positively) your song in all areas it will help a lot.
Its cool that you put up an idea on here because the song is going to get better and i already like it.
cya!
#4March 1st, 2007 · 12:41 AM
373 posts
China
you're falling flat sometimes on the vocals...
try singing just part of the words over and over...
what is it "run so fast"..?
try stretching the notes longer to hit the correct tune...
and you're holding back... take some notes go higher, harder, longer...
that kinda thing...
#5March 1st, 2007 · 12:57 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Boris4 wrote…
the voice fits nicely 
it would be cool if you could play the whole song a little bit slower especially guitar.
I reccommend you ask people to critique (positively) your song in all areas it will help a lot.
Its cool that you put up an idea on here because the song is going to get better and i already like it.
cya!

I agree some with this the words feel rushed  some.  your singing is off key in spots ...
I would suggest slowing everything down some to give you time to concentrate on the pitch more.  when you get to nailing the pitch down I would then try speeding it up, with as many words as your singing it's going to take some air so make sure you no where in the phrases you are going to take a breath.(this is very important
 as it gives your vocals support and it will sound smoother)
Over all for just guitar and vocals sounds like they were recorded at the same time  I'd say  good job.
#6March 1st, 2007 · 06:20 AM
12 threads / 11 songs
61 posts
United States of America
Hey guys,

Thanks!  I will try the different things you mentioned, I appreciate the help.

I'll repost when I have the full song recorded so you can see the outcome.

Thanks again 
#7March 1st, 2007 · 08:31 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Record separately so you can focus on each part individually
I hear the potential
#8March 2nd, 2007 · 01:44 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Break it down
I would purposely slow the song down which will give you more time to identify where you're going flat. It could also be something simple, in that you have the melody in your mind, but the chord does not go with it. On the positive side your tone is nice, so keep working on it. Sometimes playing less is more, the more relaxed you are the easier it becomes.

Denis
#9March 4th, 2007 · 12:02 AM
12 threads / 11 songs
61 posts
United States of America
Denis- thanks for the advice.  I've been playing around with playing more relaxedly and like what you said about "playing less is more", that makes sense, I like it, thanks.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 29th, 2024 · 7:32 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.