#1February 26th, 2007 · 08:27 AM
16 threads / 15 songs
44 posts
United States of America
Suburban Conversations

This song is not in a battle

hmm...

lyrics:
And he said that the world would be a better place without TV and she said, "Really?" And he lied to the birds that flew outside his window. He said, "I know what you wanna do and I know what you're going to, and I won't let you." But all his birds just flew away they won't be back another day because he said that the world would be a better place without TV and she said, "Hey - do you know what it would be?"

"I don't know and I really don't care. If you're going to go then go somewhere. The sky can be blue or the sky can be grey. They're both the same so why does it matter anyway?"

He said, "You know, the world would be a better place without you or me," and she said, "Don't be silly." And he just scared the birds away while she sat there and cried all day because he said that the world would be a better place without you or me and she said, "Hey - do you know what it would be?"

"I don't know and I really don't care. If you're going to go then go somewhere. The sky can be blue or the sky can be grey. They're both the same so why does it matter anyway? I don't know and I really don't care. If you're going to go then go somewhere. I just quit my job today. We're going nowhere, so why does it matter anyway?"

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 26th, 2007 · 09:25 AM
20 threads / 20 songs
62 posts
Denmark
Vocals and subject matter reminds me of the band Modest Mouse.

Personally i do find the topic of the lyrics basically interesting but i think the way you formulated them into the actual song is blotched and "pseudo-poetic". Trying to be Indie?

Not a bad song, very "loop"-y though.
#3February 26th, 2007 · 09:31 AM
16 threads / 15 songs
44 posts
United States of America
haha, this was actually my attempt at making a Modest Mouse style song. They're a huge influence, love Lonesome Crowded West.
#4February 26th, 2007 · 09:47 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I sounds like a pop version of Primus.Well made and recorded.
God Job
#5February 26th, 2007 · 04:06 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It seems to me you have got originality, but my music knowledge is shockingly terrible for a musician, so I would take it with a 'pinch of salt'.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 8:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.