#1February 24th, 2007 · 08:40 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
44 posts
United States of America
The End.

This song is not in a battle

this song is about self discovery and maturity, basically. i've been reading "siddhartha" by hermann hesse which kind of influenced the song a lot.

lyrics:
Intoxicated wastelands of iron and steel; everybody's vying for the personal appeal of the singer, the writer, the newsman, too. Everybody needs his own damn camera crew. The world's not mine: the world is yours. To live in this world means you're a sell-out and a whore.

The bank's on fire because no one can get hired and the skies are all lit up from the smoke and the flames and the ashes and the haze of all the broke fuck ups. And if the signal gets stopped by the radio-man, well, I guess it's meant to be. Don't fight the power, don't open your eyes. Stay locked in the bourgeousie.

I am so sick of all this Marxist bullshit. And I am so sick of having to justify. I am so sick of God and Darwin. Jesus Christ, how the time flies.

When will everyone recognize there's more to life than living lies and getting high and watching our time get shorter? I'm getting older, but I still feel like a kid.

Let's go away for a day and never come back again.
Let's get all high and mighty with ourselves.
Let's ride our high horses into the night.
Let's count the stars from California.
Let's sleep outside without our sleeping bags.
Let's buy some time to write our songs.
Let's just go away for a day and never come back again.
Let's lose our minds.
Let's lose our souls.
Let's just go away for a day.
Let's just go away.
Let's run our fingers through our long hair.
Let's learn how to fly.
Let's drink tea and wine 'til morning, while the moon is high.

We're not grounded now.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 24th, 2007 · 08:57 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I'm not feeling this...
Just my opinion, drums are too fast paced for the song, and the lyrics. The keyboard (I think it's a keyboard) makes it sound too pleasant for the lyrics. The lyrics were good, it just was mismatched with music.
From the end of the second paragraph of lyrics the music takes a nosedive, the chords sound hideous and ugly and too bass heavy and in the wrong key. The vocals that came in amongst that were too quiet, and was pushed out of the way by the chords that blended with them to sound more shocking.
Then at the end, when your voice sounded absolutely shocking, I could hardly bare it. The screaming and the keyboard synth chords and the drums peaked to a climax I could not bare at all.

Sorry. I do like the lyrics though. Just the music needs some major renovation.

Ok, I am mistaken, listening again. The start is good, drums still too much, but music is good, ok with vocals until the break. Otherwise, comments are the same.

WB
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 8:58 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.