#1February 24th, 2007 · 12:39 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Cumin Over
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 10 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-03

I was palying around with this and hit the record button, added some bass, bongos and lead to it. Don't no what to do with it. Any suggestions?

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 24th, 2007 · 01:19 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
28 posts
United States of America
dirty
The title is quite dirty my friend.
So is this song about sex?
I like it alot.
#3February 24th, 2007 · 01:28 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: dirty
JackofHearts wrote…
The title is quite dirty my friend.
So is this song about sex?
I like it alot.
now there's a thought, believe it or not I didn't intentionally spell cumin to suggest that it's about sex, but why not
#4February 24th, 2007 · 05:28 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
44 posts
United States of America
i love the bongos.

not really a fan of the effect on the lead, but that might just be my taste.
#5February 24th, 2007 · 07:23 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Howdy Denis,

hm.... I can see you r expecting some proper advice on what to do with this song...
To tell you the truth, I like as it is, believe it or not.
I'd add a piano track maybe and posibly rerecord it to get rig of the noise. nevertheless, it sounds real nice.
You need to make it a bit more interesting and quit repeating the same musical phrase for three minutes.

You need some sort of change there. At about 2 minutes in it makes you want to skip to the next track, if it was a CD this song was on.

It's a great great strating point for a light-hearted song. But there has to be some more in it. Hope you know what i mean. And I mean it when I say I like it. This could make a fantastic song but now it's only a well-recorded idea IMO.

I want to hear it done properly, please
Jim
#6February 25th, 2007 · 03:39 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
JBP wrote…
Howdy Denis,

hm.... I can see you r expecting some proper advice on what to do with this song...
To tell you the truth, I like as it is, believe it or not.
I'd add a piano track maybe and posibly rerecord it to get rig of the noise. nevertheless, it sounds real nice.
You need to make it a bit more interesting and quit repeating the same musical phrase for three minutes.

You need some sort of change there. At about 2 minutes in it makes you want to skip to the next track, if it was a CD this song was on.

It's a great great strating point for a light-hearted song. But there has to be some more in it. Hope you know what i mean. And I mean it when I say I like it. This could make a fantastic song but now it's only a well-recorded idea IMO.

I want to hear it done properly, please
Jim
Yes your right inthat I'm kooking for some good advive on this song. I to like it as it is, but was concerned, as you said of it's repetitiveness, however no two verces etc are the same,so I thought it would have thought perhaps kept the listner interested.

I think a change 2 minutes in is a good idea. I want to do the lead guitar again and just play in the gaps.

More advice like this please

Thanx
#7February 25th, 2007 · 03:46 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
krj wrote…
i love the bongos.

not really a fan of the effect on the lead, but that might just be my taste.

Thnx for your nice comment on the bongos, I borrowed them from a fiend and I love playing them. I too wanted to play the lead guitar again not so much for the sound, although I think if it had a stereo effect may sound better. To tell you the truth I don't like effects normally and will probably record the lead straight, with a little reverb.

Denis
#8February 26th, 2007 · 08:14 AM
20 threads / 18 songs
93 posts
United Kingdom
...And we thought this might have something to do with kitchen spices! Very ' Vervesh ' , The 'Cumin Over ' would sound cool just one...every 8 bar with loads of delay / echo ...swooshing around with pan....could throw some joanna on this for ya...see what you think....redo the guitar to a click track and post it...got an idea of what your looking for....cool.
#9February 26th, 2007 · 09:52 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
As I said great songwriting skills I'm glad you here!I totally like your feel
#10February 26th, 2007 · 03:14 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
hal9000 wrote…
...And we thought this might have something to do with kitchen spices! Very ' Vervesh ' , The 'Cumin Over ' would sound cool just one...every 8 bar with loads of delay / echo ...swooshing around with pan....could throw some joanna on this for ya...see what you think....redo the guitar to a click track and post it...got an idea of what your looking for....cool.
Man your comments are sheer poetry, this song was done off the cuff, so what I'm hoping to do with it is take the good parts and create some more to it, I'm not sure about delay and effects you suggested, I prefer a clean sound, but that's not to say that it wouldn't sound good, I would have to try it I suppose, Thanx dude.
#11February 26th, 2007 · 03:22 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
As I said great songwriting skills I'm glad you here!I totally like your feel
Wow what a wonderful comment. I will try my best to write some more, although I do have a few that I've recorded over the last two years, which are off the cuff, Like the song I uploaded called 'Cumin Over'. I'm hoping to get some quality  feedback  form this site so I can Improve. I've listened to some of the music on the 'hall of fame' list, which is so inspiring, there some quality songwriting on this site and it's something to aspire to, not to mention some good critics.
#12February 26th, 2007 · 03:54 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What a beautiful sound! Though it is, I still wouldn't call it a song, not yet!
Like JBP said : "You need to make it a bit more interesting and quit repeating the same musical phrase for three minutes", with which I agree but I'd put it this way :
This is the right song, it's just missing the main parts!
Like this is 'the jam' of the song, after the songs been played, trailing off beautifully into the sunset! lol.
#13March 5th, 2007 · 11:58 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
very cool
this is a nice piece... like in the other posts , it needs more  what you have now is real good , you just need to expand on this and try to find a break/change something  different to the repetitive feel.

Good job on playing all the instruments though.
#14March 15th, 2007 · 11:58 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hi
You have a catchy tune going on here..nice mix....but as has been said..just to repetitive...but  that could be a good thing also..I like the melody to this

Flyer
#15June 2nd, 2007 · 04:07 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Heh, I love the little comments you say before the solo or whatever.  I find myself saying "that's right" or throwing in a "yeah" or a "baby" when everything seems a little empty myself.

I'm also a huge fan of bongos: you've done a great job on that.

As Flyer said, great melody.

I honestly don't find it that repetitive.  To me it sounds like a jam track, and it works perfectly as it. I wouldn't change much, except:
 - Ditch the fade, man.
 - The effect on the lead kind of kills the vibe of the jam for me, but your vocal solo towards the end makes up for it.
 - Did I hear some timing issues with the guitar?
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 2:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.