#1February 21st, 2007 · 09:44 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Marino/goat coll w/jimk

This song is not in a battle

This is a short reference to the idea I had in mind.. I actually did this first with just his music, then Goat posted his vocals.. and I revised it real fast to add in the vocals.. I like it better with the Vocals added...

Anyway, nothing special... Just tossed some well placed acoustic in the mix...  Hope you don't mind..

JimK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 21st, 2007 · 12:04 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Of course i dont mind I like it .Can you keep working with it to clean it out a bit.And then Pm when you have it ready.
#3February 21st, 2007 · 04:45 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino/goat coll w/jimk
This is my honest opinion. The song has no structure, the balance is out, there is too much echo in the vocals. Personally I would just work on one thing at a time, and don't move onto the next part until you are happy with it. Most importantly, if your not happy with a song, notice I said a song, I'm not referring to this one, then either scrap it or come back to it another day. What works for you may not necessarily work for others & vice versa.
What works well for me is I will pick up my acoustic guitar and basically jam with myself and just enjoy playing what ever you feel like, and then without you realizing it, you'll play something which gets you EXCITED!!. For me that's when you know your onto something good, record it immediately. Chances are you'll forget it.
#4February 21st, 2007 · 05:04 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
re: Marino/goat coll w/jimk
jam with myself and just enjoy playing what ever you feel like, and then without you realizing it, you'll play something which gets you EXCITED!!.  quote]

I think that's what they are all doing but thx for the input
#5February 21st, 2007 · 05:18 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yup 100% with Marino
Yup I did just jam with your song then started to hear a vocal melody coming out of it .  I did  the big hall reverb/chorus/pingpong delay on purpose. (for a reason). If your in a city (post apocalyptic) your  one of the few left standing..... there will be just your voice ringing down between whats left of the buildings you'll get reverb and delay ( very lonely sound). I used to work downtown outside at the wee hrs of the morning.  You'd be surprised at
the amount of reverb/delay you can get  in a alley or street when there are no people or cars or very little noise.
#6February 21st, 2007 · 05:22 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
re: yup 100% with Marino
you're absolutely right.Got it!
#7February 21st, 2007 · 05:36 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I wanted to let you know marino
I think the song is structured fine. lets see you have  intro,verse1,prechorus,chorus,verse2,prechorus,chorus,bridge,
verse3,chorus,outro/bridge theme with change. looks structured to me. but I could be wrong (I often am ). Anyway I like it.
#8February 21st, 2007 · 05:38 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
re: I wanted to let you know marino
toastedgoat wrote…
I think the song is structured fine. lets see you have  intro,verse1,prechorus,chorus,verse2,prechorus,chorus,bridge,
verse3,chorus,outro/bridge theme with change. looks structured to me. but I could be wrong (I often am ). Anyway I like it.

lol Thx
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 7:47 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.