#1February 20th, 2007 · 05:19 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Show Me The Way
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 13 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-03

A little more mainstream than is usual from me.  I've spent a bit more time on this than on some of my other songs and I am, finally, fairly happy with the mix and production.
I welcome comments on all aspects of the song. All 'pointing out of flaws' generously accepted.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 20th, 2007 · 11:53 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
I agree: nice work on the mix and production. I really like the contrasting/duelling elements, half timig the voice is great. Like the bottom end during during the break that leads us to that layers on layers on layers grind. Wow...it's very heavy and good, but maybe a tad long before the pretty release. Nice...got my vote!
#3February 21st, 2007 · 12:04 AM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
wow man, this is great. i loved it. i have no critts. hands down one of the best songs ive heard thats been uploaded in a while. 3 cookies for you man great job. deffinitly one for the ipod!
#4February 28th, 2007 · 12:26 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool song love the chord progression your voice fits this . the song gives out a lot of energy I love the build and release at the end and the mix ix spot on.  gets high vote.
#5February 28th, 2007 · 04:55 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Very reminiscent of songs from Ohgr's WELT album - style-wise in my opinion a very good thing!

I like it a lot. Great job on the rhythm - very good instrumentation and mix and all - what kindof software/gear did you use for it?

This is candy for my ears. Thanks for uploading this, it's going straight to my harddisk.
#6February 28th, 2007 · 06:01 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks everyone. Praise from the highest echelons indeed!

Jefferson wrote…
...layers on layers on layers grind...

hehe...most of my songs seem to end up this way. I like to build everything up at the end so that it all erupts together, hopefully harmoniously, but it doesnt always work out like that.

alittlepaperdoll wrote…
wow man, this is great. i loved it...

Thankyou. If I ever don't get a nice comment from you I swear I'll give up writing music

toastedgoat wrote…
cool song love the chord progression your voice fits this . the song gives out a lot of energy I love the build and release at the end and the mix ix spot on.  gets high vote.

Thanks toasted. I'm glad to haer people find the mix okay. This has been the main focus of my efforts recently- trying to learn how to mix and produce properly. It really is an art and I certainly aint no artist at it yet but I'm learning.

PuppetXeno wrote…
Very reminiscent of songs from Ohgr's WELT album - style-wise in my opinion a very good thing!

I like it a lot. Great job on the rhythm - very good instrumentation and mix and all - what kindof software/gear did you use for it?

This is candy for my ears. Thanks for uploading this, it's going straight to my harddisk.

Never heard of Ohgr. Perhaps I should check them out. As to the software/ gear question, I'm still using the same old cheap-ass setup that I've had from day one, just getting to know HOW to use it a little better. I use Accoustica Beatcraft for the rhythm. N-Track Studio is my mixing/ sequencing software of choice. It's what I've got used to using and what I know best now so I stick with it. And at about £50 it was pretty inexpensive relatively speaking too. Cheap guitar(through a Zoom2020 pedalboard), cheap bass and cheap mic all run through a Behringer UB502 mixer and direct to the soundcard. I figure one day I'll splash out on a better setup but for now I need to learn how to get the best out of what I've got.

Thanks again to all for listening and commenting. Much appreciated
#7March 2nd, 2007 · 05:29 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
75 posts
United States of America
vocals
nice mix.
The vocals are a bit difficult to hear but that could be the way you want it; vocals subdued.
#8March 2nd, 2007 · 08:39 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Rock on !Bring up the Vox
This Rules I'll vote
#9March 2nd, 2007 · 09:05 PM
373 posts
China
i dig the vox style, dig the riff
percussion sounds a little plastic sometimes...
maybe you're going for that...
good tune...

Bu Cuo!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:06 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.