#1February 12th, 2007 · 02:20 PM
9 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
China
Careerman Saunter

This song is not in a battle

*************************************************************************************
THIS SONG IS MADE BY JACKFANCY AND HE WILL REACT TO YOUR COMMENTS, FANCYJACK IS JUST A SONG UPLOAD ACCOUNT. SPANK YOU!
*************************************************************************************

Another song from the vaults of time :

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2March 3rd, 2007 · 02:44 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Scores high for me on originality. I like the general groove of this song at the start but it's too much of the same thing. The change to the chorus is nice but overdue, I feel. The verses would be better if their length were halved  (it's like a double verse then chorus, then another double verse then chorus then instrumental doodling up to the end). The third and fourth lines of each verse where you sing higher sound better to my ears, but perhaps that's because when you're singing lower the vox is fighting the guitar lead and much more difficult to hear. When you sing higher the vox is more defined against the guitar and it's okay.
Six and a half minutes... this is quite long for a song with so few changes and a basic rhythm line that follows the same pattern throughout (except the choruses).
Okay, those are some of the things I noted while listening. Overall I quite like the song. The percussion is interesting and the sauntering bass line is pretty catchy and gives a nice feel. The chorus is a welcome break from that and temporarily sates the anticipation which builds during the verses, although not fully so. I'm still left wanting that the chorus should break out a little more freely, perhaps rocking up the drums, if only on the second rendition of the chorus. Much as I like the verses, and I do, I think you need to work on separating the vox from the guitar a little more clearly (as I said, it works when you sing higher but before that the vox are a little lost) and I think the verses should be shorter or perhaps introduce something else into the second phrase of the verse to renew the interest factor- after the first four lines I feel like I'm waiting for the verse to end to hear where it's going, if you get what I mean. The instrumentals at the end are okay. Again, I'd like to hear somerthing a little more exciting in there but I guess the whole 'saunter' thing is played out pretty well by the fact that there is little energy throughout so I guess this is what you were going for.
Wow, long post I suppose at least that tells you that I care enough about your song to warrant so much typing I'll cut to the point- I like this song but by about halfway I am getting a little bored with it and wanting for more or quicker changes and something a little more exciting to make the wait worthwhile. Hope this makes sense.
#3March 3rd, 2007 · 08:55 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
44 posts
United States of America
I disagree with the above about trying to seperate the guitar and the vocal lines. I like the way that they intertwine. I do agree though that it is kind of repetitive. And very Talking Heads. Definite 5 out of 5, even with the reptitiveness.
#4March 4th, 2007 · 08:30 PM
373 posts
China
thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated...
it is repetitive and i only spent a couple of hours on it
and each track was a one take....
kind of an experiment, so it's good to hear feedback...
again, thanks...
#5March 5th, 2007 · 11:17 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
29 posts
Netherlands
Wow, love the guitar and the voice match, tell me what inspires you, and do you sing with women to, would give the sound some funk.
I love your subtle approach to the melody , i would loveto hear some more beat but thats just personal flavor, keep on going on, greetz Rasarani & Krishna
#6March 7th, 2007 · 06:19 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea I love it!
I just forgot to say so!

Yea 'Talking Heads'...we've been there, though this is very  'T H'  once it breaks.
But yet, it's all jackfancy.

I don't find it repetitive really, that's just the song that it is, mad-man in a jungle type of thing!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 1:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.