#1February 3rd, 2007 · 07:33 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Collab-Wah_Wah-If_I_was_you

This song is not in a battle

This is a collaboration between MaxB and myself.
MaxB had a song up, I posted a vocal he scrambled them both, quite well too, into a mix, letting me know where he heard the vocal go, and so I went! Well near enough anyway!
It's a lot of vocal again from my side, I like vocals !!
And the 'story' might not 'fit' the music, but that's what I'd like to hear from the wonderful masses out there, yes I mean you! :point:

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 3rd, 2007 · 08:03 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Music is very cool and so is the vox melody.I just think the voice effect is a little much.But overall I think is great.The funk beat actually rules.Great vox too!
#3February 3rd, 2007 · 10:00 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Collab-Wah_Wah-If_I_was_you
great band track and fab voice
collab of first order

i think however that the laid back style of vocs doesnt quite go with the urgency of the backing track..........its ok some of the time but not all..

the doors meets ............well who? A tight Florida dance band.

Its still very good well organised and recorded
so i vote
ker splash

the fish
#4February 4th, 2007 · 07:06 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
if i was a wah-wah
heeey, i've heard this before, but this is way better!

reeally love the vox, the combination is a bit astranging and i like that, gives it  a whole different feel

think Sword has a point in some places, i think its a tempo thing, but i can live with that

hope to work together again soon

now.., can i vote on my own song at last , tnx Kings
#5February 4th, 2007 · 07:28 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wow, this is .. wild! I think the contrast between the vocal style and the backing track makes for a psyched out psychedelic feel - kindof like The Young Gods, in a way. Could make for quite some surprising effects when played loud on a dancefloor, looking at that I think the vocals effects are excellent choice.

Very cool! Well worth the download too!
#6February 4th, 2007 · 08:41 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PX wrote…
Could make for quite some surprising effects when played loud on a dancefloor

Yes PX that's always in the back of my mind, I like 'power' scapes, who doesn't?
I still have a lot to learn about putting vocals to different types of music, but it is what I want to do, and there is just so much good music at bandAmp!

If anything I think MaxBs track needs another kind of vocal but it was the one that came to hand first!

sworfish wrote…
the doors meets ............well who? A tight Florida dance band.

Yes! If only...!
Hey! the soggy dunes have their own beauty!!! 

You know Max I might just sit down and re-listen the track, it does deserve a better vocal.
#7February 12th, 2007 · 12:29 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
34 posts
United States of America
Cool!
This is a cool mix between funk, almost psychedelic, with a neat old U2 sound to it.
#8February 12th, 2007 · 03:06 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Love to know more specifically what you mean by U2 sound, because I don't hear it.
I know I've sounded like Bongo before today but this was not one of those times.
Thanks for comment, they're always welcome.
#9September 21st, 2010 · 01:44 PM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
I believe, everyone will associate something different when heīs listening to music.
Depends on oneīs experiences , memories & all that . My first association was a bit INXS , Bono/Gahan ,
80īs synth-pop & Idunnowhatelsemore . Guess , itīs individually & and a case of current mood .
But itīs not important . Not really.
However ,  I like it very much . Youīre sending on my frequency with it .Itīs a fine ,small song with a large
"entertaining & amusement factor"   THIS is important !!.     
                    U . L  . I .
#10May 13th, 2012 · 04:57 PM
1 threads
73 posts
United States of America
...there is this unbridled feeling to your vocals, which is really appealing, like a wheel ready to fly off it's axle -- I just keep listening wanting to witness it!  Would love to experience your voice covering a wider range in the melody, maybe that is what I'm waiting for, too....  I was so focused on seeing where your voice was going to go, forgot to listen to everything else... will have to listen again to the instruments...or, maybe that's a good thing...although, I could always take more unbridled guitar as well!
#11May 18th, 2012 · 07:32 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
CdeT wrote…
...there is this unbridled feeling to your vocals, which is really appealing, like a wheel ready to fly off it's axle -- I just keep listening wanting to witness it!  Would love to experience your voice covering a wider range in the melody, maybe that is what I'm waiting for, too....  I was so focused on seeing where your voice was going to go, forgot to listen to everything else... will have to listen again to the instruments...or, maybe that's a good thing...although, I could always take more unbridled guitar as well!

the instruments aren't important here I think, they are just samples, its just a beat to accompany the vox I think.., but it would be complemented a lot with an extra guitar, more freely, goin along or against the vox etc..
great vision, CdeT !
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 2:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.