1 2

#1February 3rd, 2007 · 07:21 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Collab-Red_Bus-Dros_y_Don

This song is not in a battle

A collaboration between Geo and my self.
Geo had a song up I got carried away with it and ended up recording where I went!
I think Geo heard the vocal differently placed, and I know they are too loud, I just wanted to know what this little critical group thought!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2February 3rd, 2007 · 08:07 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great lirics and voice.Music arrangement is awsome!
#3February 3rd, 2007 · 09:25 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
this is crying for a heavy section! to me it seems like it keeps building up and then just starts over again, theres never that climax that I love and always look for   Voice sounds great, instrumentation as well...

*edit* over the mountain....at the end of that where it sustains should be where a distorted guitar comes in, it will sustain then go into the same riff thats in the " over the mountain " part but in the style of "shredding".....also that riff reminds me a bit of Zeppelin's Kashmir....
#4February 4th, 2007 · 07:18 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
that climax BC is talkin about would be great to me too, full drums and fat guitar to bring it to the end
but it is very enjoyable now as it is, very nice riff, very good vox,
quite a fancy collab again 
#5February 4th, 2007 · 08:26 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well yeah, your vocals are "overbearing" maybe, but in a way it works. You are a vocalist mainly, and to you vocals and lyrics matter most. I'm getting a swingy jazzy feel from this (even though the music is not swingy jazzy!) gets me in a similar mood as I have when walking through a city at daytime, bright sunshine in my face, just going from a to b, watching people, thinking about ladies and the good stuff, making eye contact all around, more dancing than walking, mainly... Feels like a regular day, any day of the week I like it a lot, no need to turn the vocals down IMO!
#6February 4th, 2007 · 08:33 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
Well, I dont hear the Jazzy riff to this...This is pretty good..Nice vocals...good lyrics..as I would have expected comming from the King man..nice music flow....easy and free..Nice collaboration you guys

I like

Flyer
#7February 4th, 2007 · 08:42 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
too much fx to the guitar. drums too low on volume.

but a good collab thing.
#8February 4th, 2007 · 08:46 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
great voice and mood
#9February 4th, 2007 · 09:01 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
PX wrote…
more dancing than walking, mainly...
Ha! That's the way to enjoy your day in the city!

Thanks to all for listening and commenting.
I can but say that the music track is Geos excellent work, I've simply tried to blend a vocal to his work.
And as the lyric goes : "Now it's over to you....." If any one feels the urge to put some "shredding" into this then feel free! It's what it's all about! is it not? I can always tone down the vocal if necessary!
I also hear a next step to the music but I do the lyrics,.....so....!  

Something else : I've just bought a 37 piece Encyclopedia Britannica for 150euros, the set is complete and all the books are in good condition! There's 3 banana boxes full of them for gods sake, I'm never going to read them all but I'm dead chuffed just the same!
#10February 4th, 2007 · 10:07 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
very good collab!
You did a good job on this. I  love the sound of your voice with the effects the mix is pretty good really, since your voice is real good it's not to far out in front that it is overbearing the music.

Sounds real good I like the melody line you put in it
Geo did a bang up job on the mix with the music.  I love that break with the descending chords. I'm kinda with the earlier post that another part in the song would really kinda bring the whole thing together.

great job.

gets  high vote.
#11February 10th, 2007 · 03:17 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
This is the first time I've got the chance to listen to this on the Bandamp...I couldn't manage to login for a while...webmaster??
Kings did a great job with the vocals for sure, made the music into a song really.
Honestly, BC, I don't really think a distorted guitar would have worked on this song. Perhaps some other arrangement towards the end. But still I think it works well as it is.
Thanks to all that left a feedback!
Geo
#12February 11th, 2007 · 07:14 PM
9 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
China
I've listened to this a few more times now, and I'm starting to think that this song simply needs more time to get right!
It's sort of 'dry' in its attitude, music and lyrics, it has more of a 'continuation' to it than a 'crescendo', if you know what I mean?
Needs to be recorded with intent and mixed well!
#13May 13th, 2012 · 04:50 PM
1 threads
73 posts
United States of America
love the rolling, edgy guitar...so nice...yeah...I guess my ear wants a melody to depart from the instrument line, to dance in another direction, and kind of have a colliding feeling layered over the guitar...but that's me...
#14March 30th, 2013 · 05:25 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I've just listened to this after a loooong leave of absence from the Bandamp. It's a really nice little collab and I'm glad it's still up here so I'm able to hear it again! Really pleased again with Kings' job on this music track.
Geo
#15March 30th, 2013 · 08:11 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Geo wrote…
I've just listened to this after a loooong leave of absence from the Bandamp. It's a really nice little collab and I'm glad it's still up here so I'm able to hear it again! Really pleased again with Kings' job on this music track.
Geo
Good show dude.
I also enjoyed doing this one.
Though I dont think it could ever be done 'live', there are just too many words in one line and they are cut / edited very close together just to get it to fit.
So are you still actively making music ?
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.