#1January 29th, 2007 · 10:04 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Ghost V.2

This song is not in a battle

well.., added bass, not really a line in it though
+ some cleaning up on the other tracks, and repeated the 2nd part so its a bit longer now
maybe I'll add some vocal or guitar line later(or if someone feels for it; be my guest)
opinions and comments are very welcome

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 29th, 2007 · 02:39 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
strange mood
cool drums
great soundscape
like that
soundtrack for a crime movie?
#3January 29th, 2007 · 04:13 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Ghost V.2
i like the way you play with tonality its not major/minor

no vote yet  it kinda needs 2 go somewhere y/n

but i do like

#4January 29th, 2007 · 08:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Just read WritersBlocks 'Poem' in the lyric review then came hear, that would go well with this, talked/sung with it!
Yes this is really about ghosts!
I'd love to do just what I suggested with timely effect, O! I hear it now!, but I have to find time to do it though.
#5January 29th, 2007 · 08:49 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I like the ethereal thing going on.Something needs to happen to pull it all together in my opinion.Hopefully The vox or guitar will work!
#6January 30th, 2007 · 06:08 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
indeed i looked at it more as a soundscape rather as a song,

i did play the bell-like sound in F-A and occasional B
the organic sound on the other side is F-A and occasional C -D, E and G
the spooky synth on the other hand is F-E-D-E and F-C-E-B-D-A-C(2nd time A) : so i thought the key should be C(?)

When i added bass something strange happened; I started with C scale but it didn't seemed to work well, changed to D and some parts in E, about that time i lost control,  but liked the atmosphere
i might change some (very) strange bass notes

love King's idea of WB's poem talked/whispered/sung into it,
cant wait to hear, will be patient though

#7January 30th, 2007 · 06:37 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Need to change the bass to a haunting/reggea type thing. I Reckon that would be wicked...if you managed to pull it off.
Some fugees like rapping would go perfectly with that after thge haunting reggea bass and just fade it out.
Wicked.
#8February 1st, 2007 · 04:55 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
reggae?
i dont know nothing of reggae bass, i can imagine the relaxing piece is something this music and reggae have in common, dont think i'll manage that though, but it def. needs to get more haunting!
i am sure the rapping isn't going to happen, i'm not to fond of that, but thanks for thinkin with me anyway!
#9February 2nd, 2007 · 01:29 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
whispered voices...
... with lots of delay effect to them, with different panning, and different effects put to them as the track progresses, becoming more intense, even angry (a sample of two people fighting?) toward the end, but always in the background... Sometimes, shouting in the far distance, perhaps even with distortion and narrow band filter on the vocals but always mixed in the background... That would make the track very haunting indeed. Make it sound like the voices in someone-on-a-bad-acid-trip''s head 

I like the bass, I don't think there's more to add or change to the instrumental except... voices!
#10February 2nd, 2007 · 02:32 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
This would be interesting with my poem. I'd love to see the effect of the spoken word with this. I think that would have a similar effect to what Moses had in mind with the rap. Or maybe not. This is a cool moody piece. I think it just needs a little thing like the vocals to bring it all together.

Cheers!

WB
#11February 2nd, 2007 · 03:07 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
good music indeed! jack
#12February 3rd, 2007 · 06:19 PM
9 threads / 7 songs
30 posts
China
PX wrote…
whispered voices...
... with lots of delay effect to them, with different panning, and different effects put to them as the track progresses, becoming more intense, even angry (a sample of two people fighting?) toward the end, but always in the background... Sometimes, shouting in the far distance, perhaps even with distortion and narrow band filter on the vocals but always mixed in the background... That would make the track very haunting indeed. Make it sound like the voices in someone-on-a-bad-acid-trip''s head  [:evil:]

I like the bass, I don't think there's more to add or change to the instrumental except... voices!

Your mind hears wondrous things!

The song did remind me a bit of an old CDi game I had, Seventh Guest, loads of puzzles to figure out, but the midi background track was like this and the way it stops and slides in again!

The vocals could be a good experiment!
#13February 3rd, 2007 · 06:28 PM
373 posts
China
LOL.  Nice name!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:55 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.