#1January 24th, 2007 · 10:02 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Sudden Sunset
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 8 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-02

This is the end of the line (I'm sure!) Oh, what a journey this collab has taken. This is my baby! So it's ended up here:

Sudden Sunset (composed by WritersBlock)

ToastedGoat - guitars, vocals
swordfish - additional guitar (with the heavy effects on them)
PuppetXeno - electronic tracks, orchestration, audio edits, treatments, mixdown
JimkDaAdtman - bells concept
WritersBlock - original MIDI file still audible during the choruses

Listen, enjoy and vote!

Big Cheers to all who helped, suggested, commented, encourged and participated. This is an amazing experience for me to here this song become a full recording as it's something I'm unable to do. Thank you.

WB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 24th, 2007 · 11:52 PM
23 threads / 20 songs
235 posts
Canada
nice!
Hey, Goat, this was the collab you were talking about! I like it, I hear the fish influence! Like the Bowie type vox around 1:09ish I actually really like this. That's you singing Goat, nice. Off a little bit but only in a couple places and I do no better - so whatever lol! =) Good collab guys, nice job. If I could get my M-audio fast track pro thingy up and running, id like to get some fresh stuff out too. You should check out my blog about it, it's hilarious! lol! Cheers
#3January 25th, 2007 · 01:37 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
It's been fun working on this tune. I realize now that Jims bells are hard to hear, but they are in the 2nd chorus and during the floaty orchestration part. And in the beginning and in the end.

I enjoyed mixing this a lot, trying to make every instrument fit in with the rest. There are a few flaws left but I couldn't get rid of them so fast. I've been listening to this song a lot (I still don't understand the lyrics, and the song title still comes off as particulary non-sential to me) but that said I love the vocal expression, I love the intensity, the construction, everything, and I've got this in my fav tracks list now

cheers!
#4January 25th, 2007 · 07:09 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
wow
the biggest collab so far i believe? love the powerfull mix, everything seems to be in place, love the spacial effects!
amazing choral verse(that wasnt there in goat's version i believe?)
rockin my neighbors out of their house!
i only cant appreciate that open hihat on the left (you know me, always something to complain but just being honest, sorry)
at last i can add this to my fav list
although i almost know every note by now, listening to that much versions
#5January 25th, 2007 · 07:30 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Now, This has really turned out nice...nice collaboration...All of you have done a great job on this....one for my playlist..I agree with Max about the Hi Hat...But  WTF...I know this is a good song....
Ill vote it

Flyer
#6January 25th, 2007 · 11:54 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands

Yeah yeah sorry about the hi hat. I just can't help it to try out stuff when creating beat patterns. IMO it seems to fit... Funny how people say it's on the left (spoon said that too when I spoke with her) but it's on the right. Really. Anyway I thought a more straightforward beat would make the track less interesting to listen to. Maybe it's an attempt to stir people's consciousness when they listen to this song. Who can tell... Anyway thanks (from my part)

If I had to mix it again I would mix jims bells up a notch and stretch the orchestration part to twice the length.
#7January 25th, 2007 · 04:13 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Very Cool
I thought you'd do something cool with this song when you got your creative hands on it.  I like it it's close to what I was hearing in my head (the orchestration parts and some of the percussion). I love the bells that you and Jim added. 

I like everything but the vocals, the singer is off key in parts; need to learn to nail down the pitch, maybe take some voice lessons.

This must have taken some time.

With so much added to this song  I can see why you were having to semi-hard pan things as the stereo fields narrow. 

Maxdb  I redid the vocals  for puppet  adding  some more harmonies . The problem was that I have the cold/flu/sinus, my inner ear is clogged and  for some reason I was getting a modulation thing with my hearing in the headphones so I'm all over the place (pitch) flat and sharp  

Anyway I had fun doing this and I think everyone else did a fantastic job on there parts.

WB's song  is a lot different than when it first started.
#8January 25th, 2007 · 04:21 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What an absolutely amazing song its turned out top be!
Well done!
It's an epic of a song. Really full on all the way through!

PX you can make a survey to find out which side those hi-hats are coming from, and then the majority can blame the minority for having their speaker wires in the wrong way round!   
I agree they 'fit' but I also agree they are distractivly coming out of either side!

So you going to put this on the CD, or even put it on the play list on bandAmps mySpace?
Or maybe put it as the first song that comes on in the player when the home page is opened.
#9January 25th, 2007 · 04:52 PM
10 threads / 3 songs
69 posts
United States of America
awsome
this sounds great for an MP3. Whenever I render my wav. files into MP3s it loses all the warmth, this seems not to be a problem for you.
Great mix, and the hi-hat is on the Right.
#10January 25th, 2007 · 05:47 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hmmm
Bandamp has a Myspace ?

Flyer
#11January 25th, 2007 · 08:10 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
FLYER7747 wrote…
Bandamp has a Myspace ?
Now it does 

The hi-hat is on the right, who said it wasn't? 
Anyways... Glad you like the song, I just love the orchestral part, awesome PX! Reminds me of something from a movie.

Cheers!

WB
#12January 25th, 2007 · 08:14 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
whats the link
to it
#13January 25th, 2007 · 08:25 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
WritersBlock wrote…
FLYER7747 wrote…
Bandamp has a Myspace ?
Now it does 

The hi-hat is on the right, who said it wasn't? 
Anyways... Glad you like the song, I just love the orchestral part, awesome PX! Reminds me of something from a movie.

Cheers!

WB

The closed hi-hat is on the left... there is an open hi-hat that comes in on the right, but the main hat is on the left...

ANd it sounds cool like that... kind of bounces with the open hat

JimK
#14January 26th, 2007 · 01:00 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great!
I think I heard this in a different review but maybe mixed differently.I like the progressive feel on this.
#15January 30th, 2007 · 08:39 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Sounds great!

Can hear all the different influences. I like to hear things like this on bandamp.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.