#1January 24th, 2007 · 12:41 AM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Falling Down

This song is not in a battle

Just a little noodle with my new mandolin. Once again proof there is that I cannot sing for beans But it was pretty fun to do...

Jeff

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 24th, 2007 · 05:11 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
Sounds to me familiar...It's very sweet and the sound of the mandoline is just perfect:) The lead motive is great! I love it! And.. about singing... you know. It's not so bad, but you have to work on it. Good luck and an inspiration!)
#3January 24th, 2007 · 03:05 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
52 posts
Canada
nice
i agree with joanadakel. the tone of the mandolin sounds awesome. i like the way you build up to the violin part on this one. as for the vocals, i liked it, you're definitely improving as you record more. i've always thought that as long as there is emotion in the performance any technical limitations will be generally overlooked. not that i noticed any technical limitations in this piece 

the only suggestion i'd make would be to change the colour of the synthy bass line. it kinda sounds out of place with all the "organic" colours you chose for the other instrumentation, but maybe this was by design?
#4January 24th, 2007 · 03:42 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I really like this, it builds up into a wonderful place, I would have liked to have stayed there a little longer though!
Whats wrong with your voice?
Sounds like a not drunk/soberish Shane McGowan!
So what I'm saying is, get drunk, do the song again, go for it on the vocals, have even more fun and maybe even  produce something that's totally out of this world! 

[edit]Ha! I just noticed, then it could honestly be called 'falling down' 
#5March 15th, 2007 · 09:10 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
great choice of instruments. nice arrangement
again I must tell you that your voice needs work. but in this tune it doesnt sound bad. it fits the song really.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.