#1January 23rd, 2007 · 10:45 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Ghost

This song is not in a battle

made this right after installing Cubase (again since a long time), i dont have to much instruments yet, so i only used the a1, embracer and lm7 for drums
(any advice for some great virtual instruments would be nice)

great to see my pc handles it now because it never did, but now what?

i dont have clue anymore where to go with this piece, nore what to do to make it better
-the basedrum was ment to be rel. loud, but  think i overdone that cause the rest is too soft now
-didn't think i'd need a bass line(?) cause off all the lo frequencies already there
-thinkin now that one chord isn't enough though

i guess the best idea was to upload and see what the Ampers think
all comments/ideas are welcome

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 23rd, 2007 · 01:36 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I like it that the bass drum is so much fronting the mix. it gets a very atmospheric, introverted-pondering feel because of it. The bassdrum is centered behind the eyes, while the rest of the instruments are flowing shades of coloured lights in the cold wet air in the distance. I like the spooky synth sounds. Though YES a (minimal) bassline (like only a few short notes every measure) could really add to it. Perhaps some whispered voices / movie samples could fit in there too.

I like it a lot for style and choice of sounds. I wouldn't change this bassdrum being so up in the mix. I would add a minimal bassline, could either be joining the bassdrum behind the eyes or flow with the shades in the distance. Or maybe have it move back and forth...
#3January 23rd, 2007 · 03:56 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
beautiful chaos sound

but why straight rhythm? this doesnt fit.
#4January 24th, 2007 · 07:39 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
ok
PuppetXeno wrote…
I like it that the bass drum is so much fronting the mix. it gets a very atmospheric, introverted-pondering feel because of it. The bassdrum is centered behind the eyes, while the rest of the instruments are flowing shades of coloured lights in the cold wet air in the distance. I like the spooky synth sounds. Though YES a (minimal) bassline (like only a few short notes every measure) could really add to it.

thanks for so beautifully explaining what i made here PX, i am definitely goin to work on that bassline

TritonKeyboarder wrote…
beautiful chaos sound

but why straight rhythm? this doesnt fit.

i wish i understood what you mean here TK, ok, the chaos i understand, but what do you mean by straight rhythm not fitting? (do you mean the off beat hihat?)
and what is(could be) the alternative?
btw. i wanted the drums to get sort of hypnotic..

tnx!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 3:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.