#1January 22nd, 2007 · 05:10 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
United States of America
Black Cats Chorus
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 9 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-02

Well, here is a quick song outlining so many summer days of my youth. I always made a point to accumulate a stash of fireworks after Independence day had passed. This kept us latchkey kids busy and entertained during those last weeks before school started.

Lyrics to Black Cats Chorus:

it's summer in the middle of the day
no one's home so let's go out and play
got some stuff from independence day
got some matches so let's go out and play

~~~

hey kid come and take a walk with me
let's go over behind the tree
don't tell your mother that you were out with me
don't tell your brother cause he'll come after me

and take my...

black cats
light fuse and get away
i'm playing with black cats
light fuse and get away

~~~

the days are long and the nights are too
you know i'm sneaking out to meet with you
i've got m-80s count them one and two
one is for me and the other is for you

~~~

we lit them off and the sky is ablaze
can't see, the smoke bombs causing too much haze
roman candles fired into their lawn
your father's coming and he's got his gun

~~~

hey kid what's gotten into you?
got a bag of goodies just for you
just stay right here and stand by the door
ain't you ever run from the cops before?

they'll take my...

black cats
light fuse and get away
i'm playing with black cats
light fuse and get away

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 22nd, 2007 · 07:13 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
not too bad...
It's pretty cool...  Although, the dirty guitar made me long for some serious shredding, the simplistic solos have a sort of arrogant charm I like...  It's like, "I can play, I know I can, and I don't have to show off for you to enjoy the song"..  I liked that...  Too many times lead guitarists tend to Over-exagerate their solo... though, I still would like to hear some more shred on this one    

I think the vocals areperfect for this song...  and you did well to keep within your range, you know where you can be, and stuck with it...  good job...  I tend to not know where I should be, and go places that should never be gotten by me. hehehe..

Compostion is good, tends to get a tad monotonous though, that's where the shredding could help break it up a bit, and perhaps, having a nice bass break..  Just my opinion though...  It's your song, and I like it...

Welcome to the Amp...

JimK

P.S.
   That chorus is stuck in my head now...  That means ya did good... 
#3January 22nd, 2007 · 07:47 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Nirvana meets Manson  with a pinch of Alice in Chains...main riff a lil to close to "come as you are"..not a bad tune..vox are awesome, welcome to the amp

PS the chorus is really really good...
#4January 22nd, 2007 · 09:17 PM
10 threads / 3 songs
69 posts
United States of America
hey thats great
that little solo (if you could even call it that) is pretty cool, but like Jimk said man you gotta shred it out a little it was just too short. and the first thing i heard in that main riff was "Come as You Are". the vocals were really cool, but I thimk I would like to hear some heavier vacals to go with the guitar. Don't get me wrong that song is awsome man, loved the lyrics.
#5January 22nd, 2007 · 10:21 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
i've been absent alot from bA lately, so this is a nice listen!
#6January 22nd, 2007 · 10:48 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
BasketCase wrote…
Nirvana meets Manson  with a pinch of Alice in Chains...main riff a lil to close to "come as you are"..not a bad tune..vox are awesome, welcome to the amp

PS the chorus is really really good... :evil:

If I remember there was a huge discussion/argument the last time someone said that... The rhythm is similar, but the notes are different, although it has the same kind of hig note low note thing (if you get my drift...). This is a nice tune, I have a song that i kind of grasp on that I hear with the chorus, but I have no idea what it is. Well balanced song with the vocals/instrumentation, the mood suits it well.

I think the riff gets a bit old a bit too quick, so what I think this could use is a vocal break to give relief from the heavy riff and get a bit more happening, otherwise this is a great song.

Cheers!

WB
#7January 22nd, 2007 · 10:53 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
United States of America
Thank you
Thanks for the criticisms, very useful.
#8January 22nd, 2007 · 11:28 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Cat scratch fever!
Cat scratch fever gone underground ( If there is such a thing).Not really into this genre but the lead guitar in the background made it more interesting.The other instrument sounds are fair but I think within the context of this music style is well put together.
#9January 24th, 2007 · 08:35 AM
18 threads / 15 songs
147 posts
Italy
What a f_**ing tune!
Nothing more to say.
#10February 24th, 2007 · 01:58 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Can't wait to hear more of your stuff. I really like this. Lovely groove, nice mood. The sombre vocal sits really well with the dark guitar riff and whole thing sounds pretty well mixed to me. Only criticism I might have would be that it could do with something else towards the end. The chorus repeated 3 times is a little monotonous and could be revamped by just adding something in behind it, perhaps the lead guitar that some of the other posters are talking about. But this is just a suggestion. Regardless of that, this is a great song.
#11February 24th, 2007 · 02:01 PM
7 threads / 6 songs
28 posts
United States of America
Reminds me of
She wants revenge.
Except you have awesome guitar in it.
Good job man this song is amazing.
#12February 26th, 2007 · 10:47 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cats
i like it  kinda  unique and yet not  it follows some other music ideas but it has your twist to it so it stands on its own I like it  your voice is great in this  I love the lead sound with the feedback very cool indeed
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 9:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.