#1January 17th, 2007 · 01:31 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
The Precipice (Demo)

This song is not in a battle

This is a FL track designed to show you what this song should sound like. Mainly for the purposes of Collaboration. I've added in a speech synthesizer that simply says 'intro' or 'verse' to show when these happen. I think that vincentL may have a crack at playing this one out as acoustic (as it wasn't meant to be a FL track with bass and drums) as well as vocals. But if not, anyone is welcome to try and sing to this (PM me with your e-mail address, so I can send the track without the speech synth).
If you want to try playing it out, PM me and I'll explain this a little more. Also, the drums kind of represent the strong beats that would normally be emphasized on guitar, and also, the chords in the chorus (the long, long, short, long) is representing the strumming, (down, down, down, up, as the third down strum is cut off from the up strum).
The guitar part sounds quite fast, however, the vocals are quite slow, so in fact this is a slow song. It goes for 5 minutes, so it may bore most of you, but it is only here for a general impression of the instrumental part.

Here are the (non existent) lyrics:
V1
We climb up the walls
We know nothing up above us
We climb while others fall
We know we're destined to climb, destined to fall

V2
We climb up to reach the ceiling
We climb up to reach the sky
We climb to know what lies above us
We climb to know that we tried

Chorus
And the earth shakes, on the edge of a precipice,
then your grip breaks, and you're starting to fall,
so the world waits, on the edge of a precipice,
and your fingertips reach for a ledge that crumbles away,
We crumble away...

V3
We climb up the walls looking for answers,
we climb up the walls finding lies,
Yet we are climbing forever,
and never knowing why,

Chorus
And the earth shakes, on the edge of a precipice,
then your grip breaks, and you're starting to fall,
so the world waits, on the edge of a precipice,
and your fingertips reach for a ledge that crumbles away,
We crumble away...

Break
We find a ledge, and don't fall down,
We place our feet upon the ground,
We breathe fresh air, we see the sky,
We have green grass in which to lie,

V4
We climb up walls, looking for answers,
But the wall keeps going forever,
We came upon paradise,
We kept on climbing, searching for better.

Cheers and enjoy (enjoy? Ha!)!

WB

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 17th, 2007 · 01:43 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
i like this it's ok
it would be easier to find a vocal line if you would put the vocal melody line  in some kinda of synth lead tone
thru out  the song like the singer would sing.  it might help some imho.  as far as this goes it's pretty good. I think I like the other one better in FL. this one might sound better acoustically  (again is this a word).

good job
                                                                                            Greg
#3January 17th, 2007 · 01:47 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
yeah, that would work, excep the most of the time, I sing following the chords, around what I think suits at the time, so I don't really work out note for note how the song goes, I'll give it a crack though.

WB
#4January 19th, 2007 · 05:54 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
I really like your lyrics..well done...the tune does have a catchy flow to it...Im not one who really cares for Computer generated music  such as FL studios...but this isnt bad at all..I would really like to hear your lyrics being sung to this song..like I have said  I do like this tune...of course more work does need to be done here...but Ill leave that up to you....

Flyer
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.