#1January 13th, 2007 · 11:08 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United Kingdom
Screaming In Pain

This song is not in a battle

This cheesy number is me trying things on my guitar as I don't know anyone elses songs really so I only do my own thing.  I know this is bad as I'll never get any better but little tunes like this are fun.  The fade in on this version is awful and sudden but what I'm saying is "All you see are rainbows".  It's sort of the second part to something that described a night "away in the clouds" when I lived in The Netherlands.  A line from the first bit is "Seven hours and counting - Your Mind Is Screaming In Pain"  Which is the name of this song:-

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 13th, 2007 · 11:16 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
First thought, the swing rhythm, cool    love that feel in a song, if I'm not mistaken, it's in 6/8, right? All songs in 6/8 are great. The melody over the top I like. Could you bring the vocals out a bit more?? I think the song could use a louder more distinct vocal line (not saying anything bad about your voice, it works well), it's just too quiet to have an emphasis on the song. Otherwise, great song, although I don't get the 'Screaming In Pain' part of it as the title, I think the first part of the line, 'Seven Hours And Counting' would suit the mood of the piece a bit better.

Doesn't need any more instrumentation as it is though. It hits the spot real nice  .

I like, I vote. 
#3January 13th, 2007 · 11:25 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United Kingdom
vocals
Everyone says I need to play and sing louder.  I guess it's confidence.  I maybe make it quietso I'm less embarassed.  But you're definetly right.

Thanks.

I've got some of me and a friend of mine (who's been playing for years) but can't get it off the minidisc until next week, that is recorded with electro-acoustic so sounds better
#4January 14th, 2007 · 06:58 AM
20 threads / 20 songs
62 posts
Denmark
The guitar reminds me of a band called "Neutral Milk Hotel" - they rock. You rock too
I think the vocals are fine since they slowly fade in. But ...
It would be a great song if it would  be more than just this Fade in.
Maybe u can take the 'Rainbow Fade in' as an intro that leads to an awesome performance. If you make the "rainbow" part a little shorter and add some real verse and chorus this would be a killer song.

Peace
#5January 14th, 2007 · 10:28 AM
12 threads / 10 songs
65 posts
Germany
Wow, I like the vocal harmonies - and theaccent of the guitar and vocals following the same line.
A suggestion: Try remixing with panning the vocals more to one side and the complimenting guitar to the other.  This will create some depth and bring the vocals out a bit more. Great job.
#6January 14th, 2007 · 11:04 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
I like this song.
The vocals could do with being louder.

Where the vocals fade in more and more the song seems to get more distinct.
I reckon you could have some fun if you done more vocal melodies with vowel sounds, maybe even skat as I believe a guitar nor voilin could work for a part like that in this song. It'd build it up nicely I reckon.
That's what I got in my head when I listened.
#7January 14th, 2007 · 01:10 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
in between
i wouldn't mind if this was in between 2 other moody songs on an album like it is
that's all i have to say
because i just like it, nice atmosphere, nice sound, one (guitar?)part a bit boomy maybe?(on headphones)
wouldn't mind more vox though
#8January 14th, 2007 · 09:32 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
I absolutly love this.
I started listening to it and singing in my head...

"People are saying the L word,
And they all smile at you.
Picking out curtains and baby names,
And you don't know what to do.
You don't know if this is right,
But you know one thing is true...
All you see are rainbows,
When she looks up at you"

Haha, I don't know...
I do really like this though, and I think the way its recorded makes it sound more original in a way.
#9January 16th, 2007 · 06:58 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Love the guitar playing, would love to hear the vocal more prominent, but you know this!

Though I can absolutely imagine PorcelainDoll drifting away on this song and coming up with the really cool lyric, it would fit if the song were structured into choruses and verses, but this is a loop and the simplicity and beauty of the guitar is mirrored in the simplicity and beauty of the vocal/lyric.
#10February 14th, 2007 · 11:45 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Purlease can I have your permission to sing on this? I love it sooo much. It sounds really brittish somehow, like a song from a dopey Hugh Grant film.
I'm not saying the song is dopey, just Hugh Grant.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 1:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.