#1January 13th, 2007 · 02:21 PM
20 threads / 20 songs
62 posts
Denmark
Omnibus

This song is not in a battle

hey there people

there is a new wave of jam sessions coming your way. Lyrics are taken from a German book and are totally improvised.

Hope you enjoy it, let us hear your opinion !!!

peace

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 13th, 2007 · 02:36 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
My opinion(s).
TRACK THESE SONGS AND PRODUCE DECENT RECORDINGS OF THEM.

Missing low end/bass :P.

Loved the guitar cut in at 47 seconds.
#3January 13th, 2007 · 02:42 PM
20 threads / 20 songs
62 posts
Denmark
Well if we had the great equipment we would try to do some decent recordings.
I mean we didnt even have speakers anymore since we got in a fight with our bass player (maybe a reason why there is no bass in this song) who quitted the band and took all his stuff with him. So today we had to solder(!) speakers from like 1970 to our amp.
For sure we're tracking all those and we're waiting for a possibility to rerecord them in a good quality.
#4January 13th, 2007 · 02:45 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
rawrooney wrote…
Well if we had the great equipment we would try to do some decent recordings.
I mean we didnt even have speakers anymore since we got in a fight with our bass player (maybe a reason why there is no bass in this song) who quitted the band and took all his stuff with him. So today we had to solder(!) speakers from like 1970 to our amp.
For sure we're tracking all those and we're waiting for a possibility to rerecord them in a good quality.

Sounds rock and roll. I hope you do get round to recording some things. Though I have to admit, music is one hell of a bloody expensive hobby!
#5January 13th, 2007 · 07:48 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Nice
I actually really think this could be a great song...sorry about your equipment/band member problem. You'll probably want to start doing some not off the floor recording soon...that way you can add in some bass! To start I just got an SM58 and a decent sounds card. For software, there are a lot of cheap options, including REAPER for $40 USD! You probably know all this though...

The song itself is good, with the synth as a pulsing backbone. It could be like Kraftwerk and The Who working together...for me the way the synth works in Baba O'Riley is THE definitive integration of synth into rock, but I know you will be going in more of a 'new wave' direction (i.e. vocals).

All the best, and thankds for the interesting tune!

jeff
#6January 13th, 2007 · 11:49 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United Kingdom
omnibus
Like the synth bit throughout, drums need to be recorded louder and a lead solo would have made it even better than it was .............. nice !!
#7January 14th, 2007 · 07:08 AM
20 threads / 20 songs
62 posts
Denmark
Yeah software is not the big problem. Its the hardware ! The drums just sound good if you record them with several mics - but who can afford all those mics
Nah we're doing fine. No need for empathy or comfort

Well compared to the killer Synth-stuff in Baba o'riley, our riff is simplistic and blotched, but meeeh what can you do. Thanks for the nice comments. 'New wave' kinda style is our philosophy too. But its not that we want to copy other people, we're just trying to develop the 'creative process' by jamming and jamming in all kinds of style.
Since we can't afford the proper equipment, its not about the quality or anything but just about the Main Idea, the 'Potential' of our songs. Most of the time we open up a book, pick a sentence and try to interpret it without talking about it before. And most of the time we even come up with a pretty decent thing.
Best example still is this one:
http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3716.html

Keep your eyes open, we got some new stuff coming up.

Peace.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 8:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.