#1January 10th, 2007 · 07:25 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
Out there (I'm not yours)

This song is not in a battle

Here is an "unplugged" solo piece from my bandmate, Bagram. Enjoy and comment (if you wish).

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 10th, 2007 · 08:02 AM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
OK! The first impression I got was that you have some nice guitar sounds here. The question popped in my head - how do you record them? Can you share? software wise and instrument wise, and technique wise, please.

Secondly, I also got the feeling there's too much reverb on both the vocals and the guitar. Thirdly, personally, I wouldn't have the vocals compressed that much.
The song and the rocording sounds as if it was a demo of some kind - very well recorded, although I might have some minor issues here, but it definitely is begging for other instruments. It's not to say it doesn't sound good and fresh on it's own - it does.
All in all, not one of my favourites, but I really like it.
Voting for this one now.
Give my regards to the author.
#3January 10th, 2007 · 09:28 AM
38 threads / 36 songs
118 posts
Italy
"...demo of some kind"
Hi JBP, it's been a long time. Hope your life is as fine as your music is (of which I keep myself abreast). Bagram can comment on how exactly he recorded it, on "too much reverb" and on the compressed vocals if he wishes.  Re: "demo of some kind" I can say that he's so musically and lyrically inclined that when he and I take too much of a pause between re-hearsing, recording or gigging he can't sit still and does things on his own the (very) old fashioned way, i.e. a mic, a guitar and an overdub or two. Expect some more of Bagram's solo recordings. Regards.
#4April 24th, 2011 · 07:58 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
102 posts
Suriname
Like the guitar sound!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 9:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.