#1January 6th, 2007 · 08:05 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Instrumental in C (folk)

This song is not in a battle

This is my first real attempt at Folk in some time...  I am using my Rogue Acoustic/electric, and my Epiphone MM-50 Mandolin..  Two guitar tracks, and one Mandolin track..  along with the soft and wonderful background of a tropical rainforest... 

I hope you enjoy it...  It took alot of time and effort...

This is one of the softer peices I've done...

JimK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2January 6th, 2007 · 08:12 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
lol, sounds like your boy yellin in the background...on a serious note, i like this, not used to hearing mandolin but to me in places should it be up more in the mix? Like the strummed chords, I was anticipating you coming back in after you crossed the rocky part in the path( guitar on shoulder) then  continue on your journey playing in the wilderness.... pretty cool vibe here..
#3January 7th, 2007 · 10:25 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
16 posts
Italy
it sounds , real simple ( the title speaks! ) , the nature background gives a good effect .
I think an onther trak of  flute or a sweet brass in general can give much expression of the folk idea.
#4January 7th, 2007 · 12:10 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I love to hear open chords on guitars. your skills becoming better and better. a nice mood
#5January 7th, 2007 · 03:37 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
nice intro
mandolin up in mix please
almost fell in the river!!!
lovely soundscape

thanx i vote

the fish
#6January 7th, 2007 · 05:14 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Takes me back to those sunny country hippie haunts of Queenslands tropical North .
Love the mandy and would have up in the mix , pers pref .
trippy ambiance  The atmos fx didn't go astray either .
Great Now you got me wanting to do something healthy like go bush walking   
#7January 7th, 2007 · 05:22 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Sounds like your Cockatoos don't like someone sitting there with a microphone!
I could be in some Indian temple deep within the vibrant jungle!
When the mandolin comes in it's just so 'sad', it nearly brought tears to my eyes, it's so soft and delicate.
swordfish wrote…
Good way of putting it! lol

I liked the shaker and after hearing it I thought the song could have done with a bit more through out .
It does make me think of a 'pleasant' version of Apocalypse Now or a 'nice' version of The End!
It might have taken time and effort but it could have been longer! Yes! I really like wandering around your forest, that's what it is! I have to keep on playing it again because it becomes a real beautiful place.
#8January 8th, 2007 · 12:24 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah I like it
The acoustic guitar sounds really good!
It doesn't sound quite folk to me, it's more like acoustic experiment meets hippie era indian feel and weed..ha!
It's a compliment
#9January 8th, 2007 · 02:03 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Cool song. I get the same impression as Geo, there's an Indian feel to it.

Good mix. Did you record the nature sounds yourself?

It's nice to hear something new.
#10January 8th, 2007 · 07:17 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Basketcase wrote…
not used to hearing mandolin but to me in places should it be up more in the mix?

Yeah..  I kind of kept it back a bit though, for a reason... though I think maybe I could bring it up a bit more.. Dunno, I want it to be almost lost.... I'll explain more as I go....

mesanotte wrote…
I think an onther trak of  flute or a sweet brass in general can give much expression of the folk idea.
Yeah...I agree.. I was thinking even perhaps some violin, but I can't play well enough to do it.. 

Tritonkeyboarder wrote…
your skills becoming better and better.
Thank you my friend... a welcome compliment... and highly regarded... 

swordfish wrote…
nice intro
lovely soundscape
Thank you Sir Fish, as I stated earlier in this post, I will explain the level on the mandolin.... As for the rest, Thank you my friend...

kings wrote…
When the mandolin comes in it's just so 'sad', it nearly brought tears to my eyes, it's so soft and delicate.
Thank you for noticing...    This was why it is so low in the mix...  it is meant to be sad...  It is to be the tears of mother earth, as the human plague destroys her.. It is a reminder of the delicate beauty that we are blessed with, and that Global warming, and over population are destroying it...  Our Rainforests are almost non-existent...  Our polar ice caps are melting at extreme rates, the snows are gone from many of our highest peaks.. Greenland is actually becoming green...  we need to wake up...  Anyway... enough ranting, now, just listen to the serenity of nature.....

geo wrote…
Yeah I like it
The acoustic guitar sounds really good!
It doesn't sound quite folk to me, it's more like acoustic experiment meets hippie era indian feel and weed..ha!
It's a compliment
Hey thanks..  Where I come from "acoustic experiment meets hippie era indian feel and weed" is Folk.. hahahaa 

Takaminerbb13 wrote…
Good mix. Did you record the nature sounds yourself?
Thanks, and no.. I used a sample... I like to listen to it sometimes, just because it sounds so relaxing....  Thought it needed me to add some guitar and Mandolin to it though.. 

JimK
#11January 10th, 2007 · 12:27 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
"
Hey thanks..  Where I come from "acoustic experiment meets hippie era indian feel and weed" is Folk.. hahahaa"
Haha that's a good one!
#12February 6th, 2007 · 02:22 AM
51 posts
United States of America
excellent
#13February 6th, 2007 · 08:50 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
This is just plain and simply a beautifull piece.It does sound really sad. Love the background just found it a little loud compared to the music.An excellent job thought.
I vote!
#14February 6th, 2007 · 05:22 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
nice
I really like the intro  and the singing birds   man    nice touch...
Jim...This is really nice....great creativity my man

Flyer
#15February 6th, 2007 · 06:25 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
the enchanted forest in "c" cool
I like it . this really sets a mood (what music should do) . I think you did a good job on this one nice mix good playing love the sound of your AC guitar and the mandolin sets it all off .  I can hear the mandolin fine in the mix
 seems about even with the regular  guitar playing  gets a little in the back when you strum harder on the guitar but  it sounds almost like your hearing it live outside in the forest, which is what would happen if your played it live in the forest,

Good job Jim

Greg
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.