#1December 28th, 2006 · 09:06 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Pulpus City - Crack

This song is not in a battle

Hey is my first song with my band ( actually, the first was Hidden in a Cloud, but that was sorta experiment).
This is home recording so the quality isn't the best, but is good. There are also some timing and coordination details, but the main idea of the song is pretty clear.
This is a kind of rock-progressive-freak-strange-experimental song, but it's pretty good, and it has some nice melodies.
Hope you like it and PLEASE leave a COMMENT!

> Iszil

PS: I'll post lyrics later.

EDIT: The mixing, the playing and even the track synchronization is awful, so just ignore all that.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 28th, 2006 · 09:11 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
United States of America
awesome!
great guitar work! I love this song. Keep it up man. Tell me what you think of my new song. You really did a nice job in this song.
#3December 28th, 2006 · 11:18 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Why no lead in the intro Isz?(maybe cool if some how the guitar and bass were doing something together) I dont know if its the mix or the recording equipment used but the vocals just dont sound right to me, like they dont belong? Could be just my personal taste.Anyways overall I think this is ok, I think maybe you should do a variation of the main guitar line, it gets a bit boring after awhile. I know you can be more creative, hmmmmm the vocals are starting to blend more, maybe I'm used to them...kinda Zep feelin now..Is that a sax? I dont think that fits either....probably just me however,well see what everyone else thinks,also is this one song? nice individual parts but not a cohessive unit, wow I havent written a full blown out review like this before...kinda fun. Keep at it Isz!
#4December 29th, 2006 · 12:29 AM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice chords work! guitar is really good.
I find the drums a bit off beat in the first verse.
very Led Zep, I like the vocals.
With a good recording this'd be great
#5December 29th, 2006 · 05:49 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I'd like to say that this is not my style! But I cant because it is.
What a real interesting song, you guys take it all over the place and its dam good.
I missed the Zeppelin in this one! This is a unique song.

The vocal : I have to kind of agree with Basket in that I also think the vocal could be closer to the mix, even though how and what you sing is excellent.
#6December 29th, 2006 · 12:08 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
excellent song Iszil
I really like this . Sounds like you guys a well matched up as far as abilities. The bass player is solid enough to compliment your guitar work. The mix could be cleaner but you already know that. Do I hear some Rush influence in here and Zepplin.? great job on the vocals too.
#7December 29th, 2006 · 02:07 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
haha toastedgoat, if I know Iszil then there's a LOT of Rush influence, not as much Zeppelin in this one, though.

I dunno about the vocals.......they seem to get better as the song progresses. You're right about the timing, the drums are not quite right, and sometimes the bass isn't either.. The sax solo....well, it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the song at all. I think that your band has a very good start, but you need more practice together.

BTW, where have you been, man? I haven't seen you around the site very much for a while. Good to have you posting again.
#8December 29th, 2006 · 03:20 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Thanks for all the comments!
Ok, let me see...
The recording was done on a living room, so the mix wasn't the best, so let's leave that point aside; in a studio this would sound a lot better, but this was the best we could do with a computer and some mics.
About drums and bass, yes, there are some timing mistakes during the song, but do you know how tedious is to start over and over every time there's a mistake in a song like this; this was the best take we could make in a long time of recording.
May be takes some time to get used to the voice, but I like it. May be is a matter of taste.
And about the structures, well, our styles is defined by mixing many things in a song ( pretty similar to mine).
About the influences, well you all were right! A lot of Rush and Led Zeppelin.
Once again, thanks for the comments.

> Iszil

PS: Yeah, I've been out of the site, don't ask me why, but now I'll be coming back, cause of the songs with my band, now that we are beginning to compose out music.
#9December 30th, 2006 · 11:22 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Dude...
The timing issues are there, but they aren't distractiing in the least..  Truthfully it is a pretty da*n good live recording if I say so myself..   THe entire feel of it shows the band is pretty good together...  and the singer feels the mood of the song enough to bring it foward in the sound..  It's well played, and the recording is ok, for a living room live recording..  if you were doing individual tracks at home(Which you could do) you would get better mix..   but, anywho, The song is pretty cool...  I am kinda interested in what the lyrics are..  I get the idea of the song, but would be nice to know what to sing along with... 
#10December 30th, 2006 · 06:13 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
needs more guitar solo
like the band man, nice you dare to cross borders with that sax, dont know if its the best solution for the song(preferring guitarsolo i think) but appreciate the courage
love to hear this when you all grew together more, that my only main critic for this moment( i mean: with this kind of 'pretentious' composing, you need to sound a lot more tight than a general punk or bluesband)
for now I applause! good to hear you've been working while you were gone
#11January 4th, 2007 · 12:29 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Well, the idea with the band is to cross the edge of what people knows as a normal song.. something some others bands like Yes or Gentle Giant have done.
So we try to innovate at least a few with every new song we build.
Is not an easy style do digest.

> Iszil
#12January 4th, 2007 · 01:17 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I think the song is very well constructed, and you are all definately on the right track with your style and playing together. Even though not perfectly tight it makes for a good listening experience, because the feeling is right.

I agree with what Max said about the sax solo: interesting choice, very daring, if it's the right solution for the song, well, that's another question. But PLEASE DO KEEP EXPERIMENTING!

So work on getting tighter, work on all your instrumental skills, and keep this course of songwriting etc. And you are bound to become a good reputed band with lots of live gigs!
#13January 19th, 2007 · 02:01 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Well, about Sax solo... well, you know I like it.
And of course we will keep experimenting!

> Iszil
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.