2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
Sweden
"The fish"
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 2 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2007-01

Not our style, but check it out. 

We have received many "complaints" about the main riff which sounds like "come as you are". Well maybe you haven't thought of that Come as you are is a rip of as well(not that ours is). Listen to Killing Joke's "Eighties", and you'll see what I'm talking about. Killing joke actually accused Nirvana for stealing their riff :I

And... Vote please!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 28th, 2006 · 12:24 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hehe.. .this is cool! starts out nirvana-esque and then goes into a modern type of doors crossed with a little franz ferdinant - I like how it's mixed, the raw sound make it come off very alive, organic, authentic. the vox in some parts could be pumped up a little, but definately not everywhere, I like how they sink into the instrumentation.

I like it... and thanks for your "hattrick" reviews on my songs, lmao!
#3December 28th, 2006 · 12:57 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I echo in Puppet words, his comment is pretty much what I thing.
I like it as well.
However I find the first riff too similar to Nirvana's Come as you are
cheers Geo
#4December 28th, 2006 · 02:55 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I think this is an amazing song played untidily.

It sound sluggish in parts, the drums, the vocal, the guitar all in turn play their sluggish part.
This may sound negative, it is not meant so, as I said I think its an amazing song, if you could bring some crispiness or some zest(?) into the collaboration between the instruments.

I like the Doors feel but I have to agree that the riff is just too close to nirvana to be unique.
#5December 28th, 2006 · 03:33 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
Sweden
Yeah
I agree the riff is similar to nirvana's come as you are, you should have heard it with chorus effect . But whatahell, our guitarist didn't thought of it actually when he made it. thanks anyway.
#6December 28th, 2006 · 09:13 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Come as you are?
I really like this song. But too much of your work is just like nirvana. I said before it was cool, and it still is but. You are almost stealing nirvana's intro. Find your own style. But it was a pretty good song.

8/10
#7December 29th, 2006 · 06:06 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
Sweden
Hey!
Think what you will, we did not however steal the intro or had any thought of it when we made it, and if you listen to it, it's not so like come as you are at all. Thanks.
#8December 29th, 2006 · 12:57 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Clarification, I don't think the riff is stealing or plagiarism, it doesn't fall into that category.
I do think it's similar, it reminds you to Nirvana's song instantly.
Changing a couple of notes or the rhythm would make it sound more original.
But that's up to you.
#9December 29th, 2006 · 03:13 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
re: Yeah
jonas wrote…
I agree the riff is similar to nirvana's come as you are, you should have heard it with chorus effect

jonas wrote…
Think what you will, we did not however steal the intro or had any thought of it when we made it, and if you listen to it, it's not so like come as you are at all. Thanks.

So , which is it? Also there is no way it's coincidence most of the people posted hear Nirvana's Come As You Are, I find it really hard to believe that you guys didn't. Anyways...... nobody is accusing you of anything,just suggesting to change it up a bit.Constructive Criticism? Review? 
#10December 29th, 2006 · 04:26 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
It's a good song
Sometimes it happens when writing a song that you don't intentionally try to copy  a song or sound. i think the only thing that's close to Nirvana is the Nirvana sounding guitar part intentionl or not. I still like the song and it still rocks I like the drums (snare work) that was done in certain parts too. The vocals are decent not great but decent. overall a good song.
#11December 30th, 2006 · 09:34 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
Sweden
: = )
Okay, well, we are not old,(17 years old), by the time we did this guitar riff we were about 15 years old i think, and actually we had not even heard nirvana back then :I It is hard to prove but , it doesn't matter really. Thanks.
#12January 10th, 2007 · 02:30 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I can't see how people say that riff is stolen from Come As You Are, the rhythm is different, the melody is based on a different scale (i think) and it doesn't follow the same melody. What you should say, is that it is done in a style similar to Nirvana.

Give him a break, why, out of all things would he copy the riff of a well known song.

P.S. At your comments, I played this track followed by Come As You Are, the comparison is not as close as some of you think.
#13January 13th, 2007 · 04:55 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
13 posts
Sweden
, That's what i have been saying. : ) Thanks writersblock.
#14January 13th, 2007 · 12:17 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United States of America
Not Nirvana
I don't personally think that it sounds much like Nirvana. The first part of the song sounds great, I really love the sound of the guitar. I think the voice needs to stand out a bit more, if you are going for the Jim Morrison style, you need to sing with a bit more crunge if you know what I mean. Also in the first chorus, you could try and do something so that the cymbals don't drown out the guitar. Very nice piece, I think music like this is what rock needs today!
#15January 14th, 2007 · 06:24 PM
12 threads / 10 songs
65 posts
Germany
Not Nirvanna
There are only so many notes one can play...  It's also close to Led Zeppelin's riff from "Livin' Lovin' Maid" -- It doesn't matter. I call it original.  I have a several songs with chord changes and progressions that you can find in a dozen different places - it doesn't mean I "stole' them. Music is music...  To each his own.
Rock on.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 3:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.