what do you think?
this a different mix of the same song
I put the other vocal track a bit more in front tell me what you think of it
#3December 21st, 2006 · 11:32 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
wow
what the heck?... why aren`t there any posts on this?  this is great!

I really like the music on this track!  It`s the sort of thing that I would try to write   The vocals are pretty good too.  i couldn`t get my crappy headphones to work quite right, so I only got it in Mono sound... I can`t comment much on how the stereo sound might sound

there`s a few points where the words sort of get lost in a quite mumble of definitive articles, like the words "the" and "another".  It helped having the lyrics to the song in the lyrics forum, that way i could hear and read

well done, man.  The words kept the song going the whole time, and i never felt like the song was stalling in order to get a longer running time  

melody was good too.  it kept me interested without losing it`s very ... flowing feel that i think it has. 

When i`m listening to this song, i feel like it belongs on a soundtrack in the background of a movie while some guy is climbing into a car to drive off, about to have some sort of adventure.  hehe.

i haven`t done audio review for over a year now, due to the fact that i`ve been in canada with limited access to a computer and headphones, but i`m glad that the first track that i`ve looked at after all this time has been as good as this one.

bien fait!  i`m off to hear your other tracks soon!

au revoir,
TLS
#4January 3rd, 2007 · 11:08 AM
3 posts
United States of America
a well written song.
#5January 4th, 2007 · 07:14 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
thanks that means a lot
Thanks for the comments it really make me want to do a better job with the recording but I'm not very good with computer and even if I have cubase SE I'm yet to use it to record a song!
I think I'm gonna need to take a course or something because I would love to make arrangement on my songs but seam to be limited by my little technical knowledge
but this site has blown my very small ego and I'm thinking for the first time that all those songs I've got are not total rubbish after all
#6January 4th, 2007 · 08:45 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
vincentL :
  1. this is a link to Computer Music (British Mag) beginners guides - CM_Beginners
  2. this is a link to Computer Music Tutorials - CM_Tutorials
  3. this is a page of essential Cubase links - Cubase links
  4. and tweakheadz is Always a good place to spend some time browsing through - tweakheadz.com

Well it's something to start with, because you make good music and you have a good voice, I might not be into accents too much, but never the less why should a simple thing like recording stop you from going further?
#7January 10th, 2007 · 12:21 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
thanks king
thanks for the advice I went on tweakheadz and found it particularly good
I've got a lot to learn but should get it in the end
my problem seams to be that I'd rather do music than messing around with computer but I need to get the basis right if I want to record decently
#8January 10th, 2007 · 05:45 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: the shadow of the moon 2.0
ok beautifull song.................
nice vocal recording
but the guitar sounds 'dead' and a bit boooomy
could be as simple as old strings ( i must admit that is what i think the deadness of the guitar is caused by)
the mike is sharp as shown by vocal recording the guitar just sounds a bit dead or bottomy?

constructive i hope

lol the fish
#9October 2nd, 2007 · 05:32 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Are we going to get another recording of this some time ?   
#10October 3rd, 2007 · 12:25 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
This is -incredible-.  The recording needs work, as well as mix/mastering, but the composition is incredible. I love the harmonies, the lyrics, the progression and the groove.  You've got unbelievable talent.

Beautiful.
#11October 3rd, 2007 · 06:22 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
this is such an old song!
I'm working for the next few day but I've got next weekend free so I will start the rerecording process I promise!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 28th, 2024 · 11:18 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.