#1December 18th, 2006 · 01:54 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Babel

This song is not in a battle

Got home yesterday. What a wonderful feeling. Anyway, I recorded this last night... mixed this morning.

Er... It just occurred to me, the subject of this song might be another one of my more complex ideas...

Interpret it as you wish. Or just enjoy the music

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 18th, 2006 · 01:59 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well, different! quite a strong sound, you have clearly developed while you were away. I can't easily make out the lyrics (would like to read them, if that's possible), maybe because your voice is a little buried in the mix, though I think on the overall sound they're just right.

very well constructed, definately something I throw on a compilation CD to play loud when I get in the groovy mood (or mode, for that matter)
#3December 18th, 2006 · 02:01 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
yeahhhh   I enjoy the music

violins are coooool. but I miis something special in the tune. I think the middle part at 1:50 is not enough.
Maybe the song needs a big bang or someth like that

The mix is awesome
#4December 18th, 2006 · 07:42 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
I can't easily make out the lyrics (would like to read them, if that's possible), maybe because your voice is a little buried in the mix, though I think on the overall sound they're just right.

I think it is meant to be a bit hard to understand, judging by the title.. Babel... makes me think perhaps it is on purpose...  I really like the groove... 

TritonKeyboarder wrote…
violins are coooool. but I miis something special in the tune. I think the middle part at 1:50 is not enough.
Maybe the song needs a big bang or someth like that

I know what you mean, but again, I almost think it is meant not to be a "Big Bang" song... I think the mood fits the title well... and I really enjoyed it...  And I agree the mix is awesome... 

JimK
#5December 18th, 2006 · 09:56 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
I love the 1:50... I think it's my favourite part. Oh, and the violins are really cool, I agree.  At spots it's seems to be too much going on and the diferent lines kind of compete, but that feeling goes away quite quickly.

3:50 is also very good.

100%... you keep amazing me.  That's not an easy job.
#6January 1st, 2007 · 10:23 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
145 posts
United States of America
I think a lot of artists use their voices as a main instrument and build the piece around the lyrics. Taka you like to build up your piece then add in the vocals, they aren't as important and you could take them out and still have a great song. Whereas contemporary major label artist couldn't.

Maybe this song just brought me one step closer to understanding your style... almost like im at the beach letting your music wash over me.
#7January 8th, 2007 · 12:33 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
29 posts
Denmark
Hey
Well I just got home, searching for some audio and your work on this song made me kine'da slip away from what I was surpposed to do, so now my Child is very upset cuz you made my thought's fly away, i would like to suggest, that you put the outro as intro, nice violins.

Great.

C YA
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.