#1December 18th, 2006 · 11:30 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
Tout le monde est la

This song is not in a battle

a first take of a new song I know it sound a bit rough on the edges and that the vocals are a bit out of tune but the lyrics mean a lot to me as they're about the death of my dad and as it say in the song it's a bit of a therapy on the paper
I'll try to do a better version soon but until now...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 18th, 2006 · 05:04 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
please tell me what do you think
just a first take but I'd like to have your opinion
#3December 18th, 2006 · 05:12 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well, it's in french, which, to me, makes it really hard to follow the lyrics...

I do think it's clear that you are showing your emotional side, which, given the background of the song, is all the more logical.

I'm hearing some typical acoustic guitar folk-moves in there, which is good, as this makes it easy to ingest, but since it's in french, I can't get deeply into the song, which initially causes me to refrain from commenting to it - I don't have anything sensible to say about the true meaning of the song, other than: it sounds like a good start at something, and I hope to hear the full version at some point.

And, welcome to Bandamp,

regards,
PX
#4December 19th, 2006 · 01:08 AM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Nice job on the guitar. It would be nice if you would do one in english, if you can. But it also sounds good in french.
#5December 19th, 2006 · 08:30 PM
2 posts
Argentina
Impressive
Impressive, Nice, and rich. Although I understand something of French, and I can understand some parts of the song, I must say, that I refrain from commenting a lot because of my ignorance. The (ehem... parts I understood) meaning from the song is really... eh...sad and goes accord with the song. I must say, the guitar Is wonderful, and I think that the most important thing in a song is present here. The expression. The fusion of person and music.

Finally, have you ever heard "Michelle" from the Beatles? I think the song would sound really good in the next records (If you make more) mixing english and french. (If you'd like)

Well. Good Luck. And after all, remember this. Never live in the past. Life continues, and it will never stop to wait for you.
#6December 19th, 2006 · 11:46 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
nice sound u got going here...
#7December 21st, 2006 · 12:00 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hey hey... good stuff.

particularly, i like the short and sweet chorus... Tout le monde est là.  after having spent a bunch of time in good ol` Québec, i`m used to hearing that phrase sound like "two l` moun day loh, lo."  (typed with an english phonetic sound in mind.

merci bien pour ce chanson...  it sounds great.

also, the second verse is good...

"ta visage a sorti de l'enfance mais elle reconaisse ma souri" ... (did i get that right, spelling or otherwise?)  anyway, in english, it`s something to the effect of ..  your appearance is young, but it (your "visage") recognizes my smile.  i can really feel the emotion in the song, and this line in particular sort of defines such emotion, in my opinion

and the part that is something like "(i can`t quite make this part out) circonstance mais qui n'avait jamais plurer"  ... i like the image that this paints...  it makes you feel closer to the characters that I haven`t exactly met before.

"je suis perdu, j'ai peur, j'ai froid" ... "qu'est-ce que vous attendiez de moi?"
(i`m lost, afraid, and cold ... what do you expect from me?)

mm... again, it`s painting the picture via a "dialoge" of sorts rather than just telling a story.

and then... i can`t quite make it out, but something about... not basking in your secrets, there`s no place in that for children.  i like that line a lot.

and with that, i shall congradulate you for your efforts.  it`s too bad that there aren`t many others who visit the site that understand french...  but, well done anyway!

remember... no drugs...  and you`re touching people   this is good stuff.  not bad for a first take!

best of luck to you in your musical adventures

XO, TLS

ps-  would you mind putting up the lyrics to this?  (in french of course)  i`d like to see the whole thing in text.  there are a few parts that i can`t quite make out with my limited experience in french
#8January 4th, 2007 · 07:29 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
A big thank you
gonna try to work this one
I'd like to think I'm on to something with that song and as soon as I get a decent version I will put it to the bandamp test
#9January 26th, 2007 · 06:54 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
wow
this is so sweet...hearing this in French  really makes this song  for me...you have a real nice melody going here...nice acoustic..nice vocals...
one for my playlist

Flyer
#10October 3rd, 2007 · 01:48 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Beautiful.  Want to post the lyrics for me?  My french isn't strong enough to follow this, but I'm loving what I hear.  I'd love to hear this re-recorded with the setup you have now.
#11October 3rd, 2007 · 06:18 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
lyrics are here
http://forum.bandamp.com/Lyrics_Review/40712.html
funny when old songs reappear like that
I will give it a go at rerecording but so much to do so little time...
Thank you anyway for the comment
#12October 3rd, 2007 · 02:38 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Lovely bit of music Vincent - have no idea what you're singing about, but it really doesn't matter!

The recording is not quite there for the vocals (too much popping), but the guitar is captured well.... perhaps a touch of reverb would make it "shine" just that little more.

I really hear this with a string accompaniment; a string quartet really.  It would also add ambiance (in my opinion) to have some drums playing very gently - brushes not sticks.

But as I said at the start, this is a lovely piece of music; well thought out, good construction, and nicely delivered.

#13October 3rd, 2007 · 09:29 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Didnt understand a damn word, but it sure is perty!
#14May 23rd, 2010 · 03:27 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Joyeux anniversaire

Joyeux anniversaire

Joyeux anniversaire Vincent

Joyeux anniversaire

Hope it was a good one my friend !

Sorry haven't commented... It's french.....it's acoustic....it's by VincentL....it's about your dad...
that makes it beautiful......what can I say?
.......croutons !
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 10:15 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.