1 2

#1December 17th, 2006 · 09:32 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
27 posts
United States of America
emotions in the ruff

This song is not in a battle

I wrote this song and my band played it..no drums though. its just a rough demo so..hope you like it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 18th, 2006 · 12:25 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
hum... that second riff... I'm almost sure I heard it somewhere else. If not, it was very similar. 

This could be nice with drums and vocals.
#3December 18th, 2006 · 04:58 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
27 posts
United States of America
did you? I didnt copy it or anything. lol.
#4December 18th, 2006 · 04:59 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
27 posts
United States of America
oh and..drums and vocals comming soon..same with other songs.
#5December 18th, 2006 · 07:51 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
It's Metallica
Most definitely...  Without even thinking about it....

You are a fan I think....  It happens alot.... You end up pulling riffs from songs you like...  takes a while to get past that.. That is why I never bothered learning to play songs I like...  It makes it hard to stop playing them... then you end up incorporating them into other songs...  without thinking about it...

Oh well....  Overall it's pretty cool.... might want to change it up a bit before you complete it... WHen you get the drums, maybe re-record the riff, and change it up a bit.. then add the vocals... 

JimK
#6December 18th, 2006 · 08:04 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
re: It's Metallica
JimkDaAdtman wrote…
Most definitely...  Without even thinking about it....

You are a fan I think....  It happens alot.... You end up pulling riffs from songs you like...  takes a while to get past that.. That is why I never bothered learning to play songs I like...  It makes it hard to stop playing them... then you end up incorporating them into other songs...  without thinking about it...

Oh well....  Overall it's pretty cool.... might want to change it up a bit before you complete it... WHen you get the drums, maybe re-record the riff, and change it up a bit.. then add the vocals... 

JimK

You said it Jimbo..I absolutely love Metallica...99% of the time I'll be jammin away thinkin..man this is pretty good...wait! It's insert songhere from the insert album here lmao.
#7December 18th, 2006 · 08:10 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
27 posts
United States of America
which song??
Idk..I am a huge Metallica fan, I can see how that could happen. I just cant tell what song it sounds like though. Apperently I have to change alot. lol
#8December 18th, 2006 · 08:44 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
re: which song??
SixStringSavior wrote…
Idk..I am a huge Metallica fan, I can see how that could happen. I just cant tell what song it sounds like though. Apperently I have to change alot. lol

Well the  string work resembles harvester of sorrow, some of the palm muting is from for whom the bell tolls.
#9December 18th, 2006 · 09:40 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
27 posts
United States of America
Geez...
I never even played those songs before lol ..its a total coensidence that it resmeles metallica.
#10December 18th, 2006 · 09:44 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
27 posts
United States of America
Im gonna upload a different song....
so let me know if it resemles anything else. This bothers me.
I'm gonna upload another song I wrote for the band but its just me on the guitar. and I'll also get around to recording an acoustic one soon too.
#11December 18th, 2006 · 11:08 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I have the SAME PROBLEM!  

I get an awesome riff goin' around in my head, and I'm just like this is awesome...and then it dawns on me......."haven't I maybe heard this somewhere before??"  And then I realise maybe I have, but I can't think of any song or band that might have played it, and I have WAY too much material to listen to it all or something until I find it, especially not even knowing if it's actually something else, and I have to just let the idea go........

So sad.............
#12December 19th, 2006 · 12:48 AM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
That second riff sounds like the guitar from Avenged Sevenfold's "Chapter Four"... Man I love that song.
I think this rocks, dude! Keep up the riffs!
#13December 26th, 2006 · 12:03 AM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
actully i think the intro sounds really really familler...gah but i cant think of what it remindes me of... crapola man... im sorry.. but you shred pritty good man looking forword to hearing more from you
#14December 26th, 2006 · 03:02 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
don't worry about it
No matter what you do your going to have something sound like something. If it's not a true ripoff of a song, done on purpose, then by the time you add different drums and bass and vocals it won't even sound the same. Lots of times when I write a song it evolves and makes changes along the way. I think you have a pretty good start on something you just need to develop it into a full arrangement..
#15December 26th, 2006 · 04:24 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
27 posts
United States of America
Thanks
Thanks for your help. And after all, I dont try to copy other songs..it just happens. lol
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:35 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.