#1December 15th, 2006 · 06:48 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
As Long As...

This song is not in a battle

Didn't plan these lyrics at all. I decided to avoid the typical verse/chorus/verse layout cause I didn't want to overcrowd it with my voice.
Debating weather or not to put vocal harmonies in on another day.

Lyrics:

Trapped inside a song,
From someone elses head,
Wishing it was me,
Who thought of it instead...

Well as long as I have ears,
And as long as I have a voice,
And as long as I can feel,
Well I don't have a choice.

I'll never be the type with a mortgage,
Three kids and two cars
Up the drive, cause I wont survive,
I'll never be the type with a steady job,
I'll never be the type with a clean house,
I'll never, never, never...

Well as long as I have ears,
And as long as I have a voice,
And as long as I can feel,
Well I don't have a choice. (X2)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 15th, 2006 · 07:17 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
I think this might just be my favourite from you. I really like the instrumentation. Is it all computer generated besides your voice? It's cool as is.... I think however it needs that something to make it memorable..what that is Im not sure. Am I making any sense? LMAO
#3December 15th, 2006 · 08:15 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
You know I like your stuff but I really think you should write more stories, avoid the first person perspective, only when it's absolutely necessary.  You've got an innate feel for putting dramatic melody on a scale that feels right and proportionate.  But the first person doesn't suit it - you have a knack with the vernacular that you can turn into fine observational lyricism if you try it.  i'm so mean.
#4December 16th, 2006 · 05:55 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well, I think, here, this type of lyric actually does make sense; though first-person, it's not an uncommon view on things, I think there's lots of young women who can identify with it.

I like how you're holding some of the notes here, PD. that would be great with a slowly fading in harmonic, and even cooler: a long note seemlessly blending into a synth sound! I find the atmosphere in your tracks very appealing - a mellow pastel blue on a dark neon background. feels like saturday night in the big city.
#5December 18th, 2006 · 11:17 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
great voice
Wish I could work with such a good singer as you!
love the song and the arrangements will listen to more of your songs
#6December 18th, 2006 · 01:56 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
great music like always.
drums are chosen very smart. Vocals real porcellainish.

Cant say any bad about the mix.... except.... the harp is a bit too loud imo.
#7December 18th, 2006 · 03:30 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
great song. I really like the lyrics.

harp might be a bit loud. not much though.

yehhh... this one's for the playlist.
#8December 18th, 2006 · 08:38 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
this feels like it`s in response to your blog posted about knitting...

good job!  i like the first person style here.  had you done it in third, i would have felt too removed from it.  there are simply certain songs that you can "mourn" with while playing them in your car, and I like this one the way it is    I hope you don`t have to look back on this song one day and wish it didn`t exist...  This song should be the soundtrack opener to "The Life and Anticlimatic Stories of Tonight`sLastSong".

props for not using the verse chorus verse chorus pattern.  you executed this one well, i think.

hey, maybe... read Simon`s blog about "Make it your craft, not your life"

XO, TLS
#9January 14th, 2007 · 07:44 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United Kingdom
Superb
I seem to like all your stuff and this is my favorite.  Sounds nicely produced, do you work with anyone else or do it yourself?  A sly and mysterious harmony would have been a nice suprise on this one.  Superb effort.
#10January 14th, 2007 · 09:47 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
re: Superb
bowlieboy1978 wrote…
I seem to like all your stuff and this is my favorite.  Sounds nicely produced, do you work with anyone else or do it yourself?  A sly and mysterious harmony would have been a nice suprise on this one.  Superb effort.

Nope, I do everything myself in my messy bedroom, with my ilegal copy of FL and USB headset thing that frequently gets trodden on. LOL 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 6:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.