#1December 15th, 2006 · 03:35 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
8 posts
France
Strange Days

This song is not in a battle

Another instrumental track I did some times ago (I'll post songs with lyrics too, but I'll have to finish one first...). It's kinda easy listening, no breathtaking solo here. Just listen and close your eyes...

Oh yes, it's named after the movie of the same name which inspired me this track.

EDIT: oops, seems like the MP3 encoding (or was is re-encoding ?) was very hard on this one...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 15th, 2006 · 05:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A lovely song, I like the way it comes in one midi after the other all with their own voice.
Very easy listening.
I still think of good instrumentals as film music, probably because a vocal fills in the imagination, where as with an instrumental one can let the imagination go.
Thank you, that was cool.
#3December 15th, 2006 · 05:40 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
This is rather good.  Maybe the tempo is a bit wrong for the emotional thrust of the melody, the constant build.  The motif is really nice, but if you slowed it all down and built it cinematically, teased and then thundered, you#d have a whale of a torch song on your hands.  Instead of the drums kicking in and bopping along as they do now, you could be so much more subtle and dynamic with just intermittent percussion and eventually timpani and large rolling drums to heighten the drama inherent in the piece.  Then you could augment it with full on half-time Led Zeppelinish drums and then you'd have an absolute killer on your hands.

Production is relatively faultless and I think you have the bones of something much bigger on your hands.

Hope I don't come across too harsh, not meant to, but I really believe this has so much potential - it could be like what Billy Corgan did with Disarm, turned a simple acoustic song into a broad sweep of emotional abandon.

Great work!
#4November 9th, 2008 · 09:21 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
never saw this....

hey this track has a really good sound. the title doesnt get me into strange days. but it opens up wide the gates to the world. well done and a few rating stars
#5November 10th, 2008 · 10:50 AM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Great track! Reminds me a lot of Enigma and a bit of Mylene Farmer. I Love the later.
Good job, keep it up.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 12:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.