#1December 12th, 2006 · 01:15 AM
7 threads / 7 songs
25 posts
United States of America
Million Dollars

This song is not in a battle

Here we are again.  Here is the fourth song off the original HASTINGS recordings in Buffalo, NY.  Again, I played drums, and worked out the arrangement on this track.  This is a typical example of what living in a dreary place like Buffalo (1998-2002) can do to a man.  The lousy weather and stagnant working conditions really come though in the vibe of this song.

Enjoy.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 12th, 2006 · 05:15 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea Yea Yea!

More excellent Rock and Roll.

I LOVE the vocal, but then I also had every AC/DC record at one time.

As usual, another really good song you had a hand (or two) in making.
#3December 12th, 2006 · 07:56 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Slovenia
YES!!!!!!!
You rock!

I love vocals!
#4October 12th, 2007 · 06:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Shit! this song is a) amazing and b) has no more comments!
Minds just asked about getting songs in the 'player' this one should most definitely be in there, votes or no votes!!!
#5October 12th, 2007 · 12:32 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Wow! How'd I miss THIS???? I can always rely on Kwalgate for some serious old-school, hard-hitting rocking. Listen, if I was listening to the radio, I'd be scrambling to jack the volume, (with sweaty palms, a flushed face, and a slight case of hand tremors),intently listening at the end to get the artist's name. I love the aggressive execution of this (the fresh, punchy mix, the distinct sound of each instrument, the avoidance of effects-processing). This has the effect of sounding like a live performance (which I prefer with this kind of work...it has much more "impact" this way to me). I love the simple, but effective, repetitive, hard-hitting ascending riff that carries the song. I love the basic instrumentation...you know, guitar, bass, drum, vocals. Lyric content is certainly not "flowery"; instead, it is basic, aggressive, belligerent, and wonderfully vulgar...in other words, rock n' roll). I hate to draw comparison, but the vocalist reminds me a bit of John Mellencamp,(but much, much, better to these ears). This is not a song that causes one to lapse into a an introspective trance (this is what we in the ol' South call "ass-kicking" rock and roll...my apologies all around for that one). This evokes memories of some bands I found exciting in the past,(except this is better than most of them, as I recall) and I hope this genre NEVER dies!
#6October 12th, 2007 · 03:10 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
25 posts
United States of America
Thanks Gents
Hey it's kwalgate back from the depths of the music unknown.  I have more cuts if you would be interested.  By the way, I am heading back to Buffalo NY in November to lay down some tracks for this band again.  Hopefully, everything turns out OK.  I'll post another track from where "Million Dollars" came from.

Stay tuned.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.