#1December 10th, 2006 · 10:18 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
The Last Space Monkey ver.2

This song is not in a battle

A personal test at remixing and bringing up the volume.   Here is a song I am just having fun with.  "The Last Space Monkey" is no doubt simpathetic to the lonely space monkies who travelled alone through outerspace.  Used as a tool of man for his  many space projects and education.  Certainly the monkey was truly the first pioneer in outerspace.  The monkey, unable to express himself to man for his approval or disaproval of being blasted into an unknown bliss, strapped and bewildered passing stars of  which the monkey knew not.  The monkey  as an idiot  had no chance to tell his family goodbye.  He could not, if he wamted to share his fear our experience.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 11th, 2006 · 01:45 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ah, I can now hear what's going on in the song!

I find this piece of music resembling ambient in-game music of some sorts... I like how it slowly gets more intense, alike Valley of the Apes, I find the construction of the track well done.

I have a feeling that you are using a single keyboard/workstation as a sound source? I can hear the reverb of the snare low in background of the right ear (wearing headphones), which means this IS a stereo recording, but all your sounds are panned dead center! It would be interesting to use the stereo panorama as a tool for enhancing the listening experience. By giving the various parts their specific places in the stereo field, you can create more atmosphere and challenge for the observer. just a suggestion
#3December 11th, 2006 · 04:20 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Mixing comments
Puppet, I am impressed.  You just about hit it on the money.  All you have said is right.  I failed to do any panning.  Thanks for reminding me.

What is the sites rule on placing the same song up more than twice?  I deleted the first versions of my songs and noticed that the votes I received were also deleted.  Can a person place a song on the site and maintain the same votes?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 7:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.