#1December 9th, 2006 · 02:14 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Canada
Echo

This song is not in a battle

Well, Relationships, What can ya say?

I'm all better now... But still in search..

I lost my original version and had to re-do the ending verses, too bad, I shall find them some day.. But personally lost interest after trying to achieve the first takes I lost. They say it's not what you wear, but how you wear it, Meaning, If I was proud of the last verses, you may not have noticed. But I am honest and share who I am at all times... I'm quite happy with what I know and where I'm going, but I did much better before :P
 At the time when I wrote this, It was right after I broke up with my gf, so the sincereness was clear and true, when I replaced the ending verses cause I lost the ones before, I wasn't so sad or distraught... Didn't do myself justice. I'm sure you understand.

Thanx for listening...

Robbie

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 9th, 2006 · 11:59 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
is that really how you felt? I'm quite sure this is just one side of the story, and one part of what you went through, in your mind Questions like "how could this have happened" are usually followed up by a maelstrom of answers (some obvious, some unexpected, some painfully confronting, some absurdistic, yet true, and some invoking uncontrollable laughter (with or without tears of joy or pain)). Atleast they do with me!

I like the piano part, but all in all it's a bit repetitive. Vocal production - not as good as your other "essay" I've commented to. But not a bad essay, don't get me wrong!
#3December 9th, 2006 · 02:18 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Canada
Essay
This one was done about a year before essay.. Waittill you hear this new one !!

Robbie.
#4December 9th, 2006 · 03:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I think this song making thing suits you, your very good.

I find the vocal on this one also too reverbed in places, but I like it.
Sounds a bit 'dragging' towards the end, but as you say you lost interest after the first take.

Did you loose the whole song all the samples and files?

Done that 3 times!!!!! The whole bloody lot, its heartbreaking.
#5December 11th, 2006 · 03:19 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
I love the mood (be it sorrowful, still paints a pictures). The percussion is a bit loud in the mix, can be brought down a little. The piano is beautiful!

I hate losing songs...my singer seems to lose lyrics all the time and it is the end of the world for her (unless we have them recorded on a demo).
#6December 11th, 2006 · 11:18 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
It's good! I like it...
Nice background atmosphere, it's well mixed as well
I also like the effect in the vox, the flanger, or is it chorus? interesting.
A bit down, but I take the melancholic vibe
#7December 13th, 2006 · 10:09 AM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
Songwriting is definitely your forte, I like the bravery in the chord choices simplicity.  Some lingering harmonies would really lift the song to another level, at the end of every chord change you could layer harmonies upon harmonies build into something really epic, underpinned with strings to counter the melody.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.