#1December 7th, 2006 · 03:57 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Filthy
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 5 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-12

Radio single off GATJA's new album, Through the Looking Glass, available at CDBaby.com @ http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gatja2

This song is about the point you realize you have become just as society that surrounds you...the point where you want to make a change in your life so you avoid falling into the filth that is the human race.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 7th, 2006 · 05:16 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
The riff and drums are what I'd expect on any modern american rock station. The chick singer, however, is a little unexpected. What do we have for females in the rock/metal genre? Opeth, Nightwish, and Flyleaf?

I can't say that I don't like it... because I absolutely enjoy it! Chick singers rock my socks off. Is there more than one singer, or are you layering over yourself in studio? I wish the yell you do about 35, 1:24, etc was a scream - but that is just my ear. Giving a good vote. Yay! Favorites!
#3December 7th, 2006 · 05:49 PM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
hello. good enough music, a bit generic for my liking, you should look here http://forum.bandamp.com/Audio_Review/3207.html very like what you are doing, no faults to pick with your music just not my cup of tea.
#4December 7th, 2006 · 05:54 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
really satisfying rock groove. Super phat sound, tight riffs. I like the song, the delivery, everything (with one exception: the vocals seem fairly "dry" ...no effects added...and thus they don't "sink" into the mix as well as they could...but otherwise this is a killer tune).  Welcome to the "Amp".
#5December 8th, 2006 · 03:13 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Thanks guys. Actually everyone in the band sings, but our lead is female. This recording has the lead vocal, with her doing layering of harmonies, plus a male harmony and some other "voices."
#6December 8th, 2006 · 03:22 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
wow, sounds really good - agree though, that the vocal production could use some attention. I'd have panned the harmonies slightly left and right from the center for more depth, and it seems the compression/eq isn't set that well. I can hear your singing, but not what you're singing.  Loving the occasional short echo though, and the music drive does kick severe butt. So, yah!
#7December 8th, 2006 · 05:39 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Rock my socks!

That was a juicy bit of Rock and Roll.

I had come up with the vocal thing before I actually read BC's comment, I heard it needing more depth and warmth to pull it into the song. The vocal it a little 'dry' is another way of putting it.

This ones off to my Favs, thank you, high vote, got any more?
#8December 10th, 2006 · 03:40 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
rock on baby!!!!!

more.....
#9December 11th, 2006 · 03:10 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
12 posts
United States of America
Thanks guys. I was told by our engineer that the vocals were dry purposefully, trying to make a different mood to the song.

Of course we have more. Let me do a few more reviews of everyone else music and I'll get some more GATJA up. You can also head to our website at http://www.gatja.com.
#10December 14th, 2006 · 04:08 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
WoW!
It's so powerful !
#11December 29th, 2006 · 09:45 AM
1 threads
42 posts
Mexico
yea rock on baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
power voice!!!!!!!!!!! great!!!!!
#12December 16th, 2009 · 05:11 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
Again GATJA rocks me.  Love the energy of the guitar riff.  New to BandAmp but you guys are definatly my favorite artists so far. Your singer(s) are like Amy Lee from Evenecense with more of a kick in the ass.
Keep rockin!!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:52 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.