#1July 28th, 2005 · 02:20 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
2 posts
United Kingdom
Hi, My Music....

This song is not in a battle

Im 17 and recorded a few songs a while ago. I personally think they r crud and people on another forum confirmed this for me but just wanted 2 see if anyone thinks i can salvage somet from the wreckage of these songs lol

Thanks muchly,

NeM

the music is found here :   http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/nemh_music.htm

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 28th, 2005 · 07:09 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
you've got a voice with lots of potential.  i suggest finding the notes the vocal is supposed to hit, and put them into a midi program, that way, you have a base to refer to when singing and trying to hit certain notes.  also, find out what notes the guitar part is, and make sure that your vocal notes are within the same key as the guitar part.  the single note picking on the first song needs to be sure to stay within the key as well.  it can sound minor or something without hitting TOO many flats.

i think the lyrics are well written.  if the melody was better in pitch, i'd listen to this kind of thing in my car!  simple isn't always bad, like the second song, "Her Black Crayon".  i love that title, and again... i think that with better recorded vocals, it would be great.

i would suggest trying to work on pieces of the song's vocal at a time.  don't try to sing the whole way through it expecting a perfect vocal track.  eventually you can do that, but you've got to be a great user of the voice to be able to just sit down and work like that.  just keep trying to record a part over and over again until it's perfect, and then you can move on the next section.  i find it easier to get the job done like that.

it's the miracle of editing.

on the third song, i'd get rid of that low-pitch intro, but overall, same thing goes for it, "Here With Me."  (i'm listening to the songs right now as i type this)  i like the slow solo guitar stumming piece before the chorus comes back in for the song's finish.

i likes the fourth one, "Gone Days", a lot more.  the vocal part is closer to pitch and everything, too.  it needs more production quality, but it's a pretty good lead for that song.  i like the slight bounce to it

you've got a good sense of general melody, but as i've already said, the actual recording of that melody needs a lot more focus.

i hope that helps a bit?
#3July 28th, 2005 · 08:42 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
2 posts
United Kingdom
wow. Thanks a lot....i struggle with writing melodies a lot. I always just try to sing one without writing....just sing what sounds natural....and i also find it hard to write down on guitar the notes im singing. But recently ive been trying to write the melodies on guitar first, obv making them more in tune. I really appreciated your reply, it gave me hope and made me feel like trying 2 start writing again after my esteem got blown out by some other peoples comments on a previous forum. I will focus a bit more and, like u suggested, i will note down some notes within the key i need to hit on something like 'Power Tab' to sing along to. Do you think just noting down certain notes eg the highest and lowest within melody lines will be enough...just to ensure it will stay in-tune....as opposed to noting down every note?
I honestly knew that they were not up to standard at all...i just wanted to know if they have enough potential to continue working with, or just give up lol

Thanks very much for your reply!!!!!!!

NeM H
#4July 28th, 2005 · 01:25 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
no problem man.  i'm glad to be useful.

writing out the highs and lows might be enough for you.  it sort of depends on the song, but if you need more than that, go ahead and maybe put 3 or 4 notes in a row so that you can be sure you carry the melody right.  i have to do stuff like that sometimes.

hope to see more of you out here, man   good luck with everything!
#5July 28th, 2005 · 01:55 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
2 posts
United Kingdom
Cheers, Thanks ever so much m8!!!!

If everyone on heres even remotely like you, then im definetly gunna stick around

Thanks m8,

NeMH
#6December 6th, 2006 · 10:02 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United States of America
enlightened shadow boxxer
Another one of  the many instrumentals that has made it's way out of my head, onto my hard drive, and into the world. Enjoy!
#7December 6th, 2006 · 10:26 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
It sounds cool electronic music, well recorded, didn't find it crude at all.
I'm still looking for the vocals ?
What vocals? that loop...well...doesn't make much difference to me
#8December 7th, 2006 · 01:53 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
WEIRD BUG
It says in the forum, and on HAROLD's member page, that this song should be a song called "enlightened shadow boxxer" by HAROLD...

However, the song description on top of the page is called "Hi, My Music..." by NeMH....

HAROLD's song description ended up as the 6th reply to this thread... And as far as I can tell, the mp3 itself is indeed really HAROLD's....

Weieieierd!

I have no idea how this could have happened... Still I suggest, Harold, that you please delete the song and upload it again. If the same thing happens, then we do have a serious bug going on...

anyway, very nice instrumental - not a fan of the handclaps, they kindof ruin the mood for me, luckily they are only in there in the beginning. Great play with the synth filters, brooding atmosphere, feels like playing a rpg game of some sorts. Well done!

PX (mod)
ps. I'll comment again if you delete and upload again...
#9December 8th, 2006 · 03:06 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
like it
#10December 8th, 2006 · 04:58 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Really like the song, will also comment later.

Ti's indeed really odd bug!!!!!

PX Is HAROLD getting the confirmation e-mail, or is NeMH?

One is inside the other somehow! judging by the : forum/ address bar.

Both are shown in the 'Audio review' page, and both pages are updated.
Might it have something to to with thread numbering?
#11December 8th, 2006 · 06:44 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
bot threads are numbered "3794", indeed essentially the same thread.

"enlightened shadow boxxer" shows up as a sub-thread of "hi, my music...", the parent thread "hi, my music..." cannot be selected seperately...

I can think of a number of things of what went wrong, though I don't know how the bandamp code deals with a number of things...

NeMH does not have the required 3 comments/3 votes for uploading a song...
Maybe the song had been made invisible after this rule had been initiated, and over a year later, after the interface / code update, the thread number may have become seen as "available"... And upon HAROLD's upload, the new data did not replace the old (dormant) data, but simply merged with it, after which the thread became active/visible again.

Just a wild guess, but anyway...

I'll notify HAROLD of the problem manually, just in case, though I have the feeling that if he deletes his mp3, the entire thread will disappear... Ummm... actually, NeHM's mp3 ISN'T HERE anyway...
#12December 8th, 2006 · 08:07 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
I really like the atmospheric sounding of this song, it's a bit repetive, but that's okay because the music really sucks me in, if you can understand me .

Keep up the good music.

greetz
#13December 8th, 2006 · 11:07 AM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
nice music.
strange though, when i put it in my playlist i got it twice with the different names.
anyway, i dont think this is crude, i know ive heard that harp bit before, did you sample that from a roni size song?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.