#1December 3rd, 2006 · 03:42 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
25 posts
United States of America
Death March

This song is not in a battle

Here is my first attempt at using my new Cubase recording software.  i've always wanted to make a full-on complete percussion album.  let me know what you think.

i used:

12" djembe
14" djembe
tambourine
rain stick
shaker egg
22" zildjian ping ride with 6 rivots for "sizzle" effect.

6 tracks, knocked out in 2 hours.

enjoy

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 3rd, 2006 · 03:48 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
It felt like it was just building up to something. I was waiting for some killer inovative drummin' but then I read what you used. Its a killer introduction - if it is a stand alone percussion song, I suggest normalizing your fade a little more at the end, as it stands it just cuts away.
#3December 3rd, 2006 · 03:50 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
The recording is a bit lo-fi, bring out the lower djembe more, and take out some of the reverb and the recording quality will be ace.

It seems a bit empty as it is now, also repetitive. Perhaps if you had done a simple groove and then featured different instruments it would have been more exciting.

As a percussionist I certainly respect your idea of having a full-blown percussion album. keep up the good work.
#4December 3rd, 2006 · 04:37 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This is good Mr kwalgate the drummer man.

But you've definitely got to work on getting each instrument to come out more in the mix, I mean give them their individual well deserved place.

Maybe it's a volume thing, but it's all way to far off somewhere in my speakers.

But if I listen closely...............this is good Mr kwalgate the drummer man!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 3:11 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.