#1December 3rd, 2006 · 01:44 AM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
All Your Base
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2023-07

This is a very short little peice. It may need work, but it was something I made while learning how to use the Vocoder plugin and how to route mixer tracks.
Like in the forum post I made, I also made a tutorial for them both.
Check them out: http://forum.bandamp.com/Lessons/39142.html

https://www.deviantart.com/kelpalots/gallery/41724516/tutorials

Enjoy, I hope you like it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 3rd, 2006 · 04:52 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kindof minimalist, could do as a thingie inbetween, to mix one style toward the other. I think I'd follow this up by a good KMFDM thrashing. cheers
#3December 3rd, 2006 · 06:17 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I really Really like this,
it could have kicked into an amazing track, following up/continuing on the synth that comes in at 1:00.

I really love the rhythm, excellent simple beat, superb vocoder riffs.

Do you think you could use a real vocal samp effected in a vocoder and then put through the same MIDI pattern?

As PX said its 'kindof minimalist,' but it's just a tester and a beginning after all.

Sorry but I've got to spam in a link, to show you what I mean with real voice / vocoder samples,
Please check this out.
Yes its one of my own, but as I've said 'I really Really like this,'
#4December 3rd, 2006 · 12:19 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno - I was actually thinking about that last night when I went to bed.

Kings - I am kind of ignorant on where to find voice samples. I have one of those mics that are OKAY enough to use for things like Skype, etc, but it really makes me voice, especially when I sing, scary. It sounds scary because it's kind of off tune, and I'm not the one being off tune. (Off the subject) Kind of drives me crazy hearing things off tune, like school pianos. I can deffinately hear the part of them that isn't in tune. :P
#5December 3rd, 2006 · 02:48 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Kelpie, Are you sure that it's the mic that makes you sound out? A mic should only pick up what you yourself put in, No?

Everyone on this site will probably want to crucify me for saying this but if you work with a program that can deal with VST Plugins, there is a plugin called Antares Auto-Tune, now in version 5, but I'm sure KVR or Sonicspot will have a free version.

If you honestly feel that your vocals are out, give it a go, it can work wonders!! Believe me!

The truth is though once you start playing with a vocoder, depending on the 'carrier' sample, it just morphs out your vocal anyway.

If your looking for actual samples of any kind, you can use a P2P sharing program and make a search for 'DJ Tools' 'mp3' etc, that's what I did and ended up with tons of MP3 samples that I then cut up and saved individual samples that I liked as .WAV.

Otherwise check this link out : stonewashed.net.
Here you get a good clean list of sites that offer free samples.
#6December 3rd, 2006 · 02:57 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
Kelpie, Are you sure that it's the mic that makes you sound out? A mic should only pick up what you yourself put in, No?

Everyone on this site will probably want to crucify me for saying this but if you work with a program that can deal with VST Plugins, there is a plugin called Antares Auto-Tune, now in version 5, but I'm sure KVR or Sonicspot will have a free version.

If you honestly feel that your vocals are out, give it a go, it can work wonders!! Believe me!

The truth is though once you start playing with a vocoder, depending on the 'carrier' sample, it just morphs out your vocal anyway.

If your looking for actual samples of any kind, you can use a P2P sharing program and make a search for 'DJ Tools' 'mp3' etc, that's what I did and ended up with tons of MP3 samples that I then cut up and saved individual samples that I liked as .WAV.

Otherwise check this link out : stonewashed.net.
Here you get a good clean list of sites that offer free samples.

Well... I can deffinately say I haven't tried using it since when I had an onboard soundcard, and I can now say that this Audigy 2 ZS is really decent, because my voice is no longer detuned by a little. But I guess I also don't want to try because I'm just too shy. :P
#7December 3rd, 2006 · 05:44 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Aaa! the truth comes out

That means you will eventually.............why? because you actually want to
#8December 3rd, 2006 · 07:24 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
8 posts
United States of America
nice
nice sound like it u should touch up a few parts but over all pretty good with a nice sound.
#9December 17th, 2006 · 04:58 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
re: nice
Roberto wrote…
nice sound like it u should touch up a few parts but over all pretty good with a nice sound.

Yeah I noticed some parts really needed some touching up too. Especially in the part where you really notice the pause between your and base
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.