#1December 2nd, 2006 · 03:25 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
25 posts
United States of America
My Best To You

This song is not in a battle

Ok, I recently sent you guys two of the more hard driving songs that I have from a band that I recorded with in NY for several years.  Unfortunately, I had to relocate to LA and find some new work.

Now it's time to send you one of our great power ballads.  Listen to the vox.  My singer wrote these lyrics after having a dream about the subject matter.  It's the kind of song that really gets the hair to stand up on the back of your neck !!!  I hope you enjoy.

Recorded: November 2005, Buffalo, Ny Goo Goo Dolls/Chameleon West Studios.

I play drums on this track.  Singer: Tom Hastings.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 2nd, 2006 · 05:44 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What a really rockin' song!

I like it a lot. Yes your singer is GOOD, nothing like power and passion.
I do feel that the volume on the vocal is slightly on the low side, well I cant make out everything that he's saying, what I can hear lyrically I do like.
At the beginning of the song the singer sounds as if he's just on the edge of singing out of tune, he doesn't, but it sounds like it to me.
#3December 2nd, 2006 · 10:11 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
38 posts
United States of America
I like it...
I'm relatively new to the amp, and am really impressed by this weekends new music,  The reason I wanted to post a comment was because I've been comparing live to studio, and one thing that keeps popping up for me is drumming,  I liked your drumming, and always struggle with drum machines.  anyway, one of the things I'm liking about this amp group is the sharing of ideas,  maybe you give me some ideas for drums to some of my songs, which by the way are slow to come, but I'm trying....  http://hp13.bandamp.com/
#4December 3rd, 2006 · 02:55 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
25 posts
United States of America
reply to hp13
I try to use accoustic drums as much as possible.  this particular track features a pearl studio maple series kit, with zildjian A thin cymbals package.  after we got the original drum tracks down, we added some cool scratchy effects thru protools.  this fattened up the snare and tom sounds to give the song a more dated" feel.  listen to my other songs, we really mess around with the eq on the drums tracks to match the mood of the song.

thanks for your interest.  send over some songs !!!
#5December 3rd, 2006 · 03:12 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Iam not trying to be offensive, but I relate all music to other music. What it reminds me of is Bon Jovi. I liked the acupello about 1:06 in. And the subsequent rise in intensity after that point.
#6December 3rd, 2006 · 03:24 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
25 posts
United States of America
reply to dark
now how can i be offended.  Bon Jovi has sold millions of records.  thank you for the response !!!
#7December 4th, 2006 · 12:14 PM
14 threads / 14 songs
232 posts
United States of America
Yeah, heh. But maybe you were going for something not boni-jovish. I thank you for your comment, but you're 100% better than me - so there was no need for flattery
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 3:31 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.