1 2

#1November 30th, 2006 · 04:55 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Long Time to Wait - spoon

This song is not in a battle

here's the latest rough cut from the studio sessions...I'd love to hear what you all think!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 30th, 2006 · 05:02 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
this reminds me strongly of that superb atmospheric mood of the ol' Dire Straits album "Communique"

the guitar doing the solo thingies seems a bit dry, and for some reason claiming attention in the stereo panorama, that is something that catches my ear... maybe I am just expecting Mark Knopler doodles there... not sure!

what can I say more, love your voice, good lyric, real nice drumming/drum production, good moody bass, just that one guitar isn't really doing it for me, seems like the guitarist just doesn't have the tune down that well yet or so... (don't make him hate me for saying that btw! )
#3November 30th, 2006 · 05:05 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Nice mood, great vox, (what a suprise) nice lyrics......maybe come in with the band sooner...the mood is almost too mellow...My mind was starting to wander...
#4November 30th, 2006 · 05:10 PM
4 posts
United States of America
Has a groovy live blues vibe, Sounds good.
I like the guitar and how you waited to role the drums in. I love being honest. This is just some feed back spoons please don't take it to heart cause i enjoyed all 4:06- I lost track of the song meaning.. until after the first chorus. I mean she sounds great.... just got lost on what she was saying about a long time to wait. Very cool song tho
#5November 30th, 2006 · 07:02 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This is a really nice song, chilled out for sure.
I don't hear anyone but spoon and spoon style.
You've an excellent voice but then you know that.
You've got such a nice feeling for the music.

Hey maybe she can give it to Qstar and let him make loads of money, while she gets the headache?
#6December 1st, 2006 · 01:18 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Puppet - I definitely hear what you're saying about the lead guitar....this was just the first take on that...so, hopefully we'll have a better one soon

BasketCase - I've been tossing around the decision on this one about when the band should come in......When you're doing an album of 12 songs.....I really want to have variety of song intros.....meaning - not every song is the standard 4 bars intro then the vox start.  So...with this song, I thought I'd try something pretty different for me...hence the full verse and chorus before the drums and lead guitar kick in (although the bass plays from the beginning).  But, this being said - I don't want your mind to wander too far - so any suggestions as to how I could keep your attention without bringing in the whole band just yet?

Q-star - it means whatever you want it to mean

Kings - thanks!  
#7December 1st, 2006 · 01:25 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
greeeeaaaat singing. you've got the groove
#8December 1st, 2006 · 03:17 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
nice recording..good vocals and harmonies...i like the pick up after a minute or so...very easy to listen to this song Spoon..I like it..as far as any changes.... ???????????????????????......I think this song can stand on its own....Thats a good point you made to Basket  about changing up the style of music  from one song to the other

Flyer
#9December 1st, 2006 · 03:36 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Guitar sound
Hey Spoon, you know all about singing and everything, and there's no problems there, but I actually think the song would be better with a harder guitar sound. I'm not into the current guitar sounds, kind of beige...I think you want something more blue or black! Your voice will be even more beautiful by contrast. Check some Black Keys...lemme know what you think...they have a great guitar sound...

Jeff
#10December 3rd, 2006 · 03:51 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Thanks Jeff - how do I get that tone?  Do you happen to know what effect that is? Is it a pedal?
#11December 3rd, 2006 · 11:31 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Great tune and feel!
Your voice is superb....as for the guitar, maybe the weakest link, I mean it got it right with the flow of the song...just sounds a bit rough.

A few suggestions for the guitar if I may, try play it more tight rythmically, a few bendings will so as well, pause, add some reverb and a very little delay on tempo. I reckon it'll sound much better.

It's just my opinion as a guitarrist, but once again it goes really well...
#12December 15th, 2006 · 01:36 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Thanks Geo...planning on redoing that guitar really soon 
#13February 26th, 2007 · 12:55 PM
48 threads / 7 songs
429 posts
United States of America
spoon! i wove you and your voice! so beautiful the harmonies are, very nice job.
#14March 30th, 2007 · 08:44 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Not so keen on the repetitive guitar sound on this studio rough cut version, so yes I think dirtying the sound up would work for me.
Vocals are excellent.
Timing of band introduction sounded about right to me.
Good stuff - but can be made more interesting.

( Wow, that was harsh Jim  )

#15March 30th, 2007 · 09:09 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Spoon you have a great voice I really wish you guys the best.I think this song has potencial but if is a rough Im not sure what to say because I'm not sure where you going with it. The only thing that I know is that around 2 2 to 2 25 is really what grabs me; the darker harmony with the less instrument sound.Im my opinion the song sounds like formated around in mayor scale and my ear tends to want to hear it in a minor/diminished scale  (alas Darker) But I know that your songs tend to be more groove and and happy so dont really pay attention to this is just what I heard as it played
Anyway Good job!
Gets vote
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 6:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.