Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-12

" That me does not kill all, does me more strongly. "

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2December 1st, 2006 · 07:44 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
Very mellow.  Makes one think.   .  I continued to wait for something else to happen.  Add more.  The arpeggios carried the song.  Where is your personal input?
#3December 2nd, 2006 · 07:07 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Do you mean "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger"?

Absolutely love that synth/electro sound that comes in at 1:26, pity it's so far back in the mix. And it doesn't come back either
'The melancholy sea' is a good title, it's just what it is, a sea of tranquility.

I suppose you could put more in to make it less 'repetitive', but you'd have to be very selective as to what, because it could become not 'The melancholy sea' if you put the wrong thing in.
#4December 5th, 2006 · 07:21 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Cool song, really good groove to it and I especially like the drum beats and the synth percussion. Only suggesting would be to add some over lapping melodic line during some of the drier parts, mostly the beginning right when the drums come in, that part was cool but lasted a but too long and presented a good opportunity for some really interesting harmony. Good work.
#5December 5th, 2006 · 11:07 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Very neat, nice recording!
I think it need some kind of melody line, to put it more into context.
Very enjoyable though
#6December 6th, 2006 · 09:55 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
9 posts
United States of America
sweet
Nice work. Reminds me a little of Tangerine Dream or Enigma. Some very intersting voice choices. Are you able to play this out live? Keep pumping out the tunes.
#7December 7th, 2006 · 12:40 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
I think it does have a good rolling rhythm and harmony, as others have said, it would suit to have a main melody, I was thinking a slow moving high part that follows the bassline and passes smoothly to transition between phrases. I think that something like that would increase the sense of melancholy. I've always loved that word 'melancholy', it just rolls off the tongue. I love the plink plink sound, I feel like I'm in an underground sea and there's water dripping from the stalactites (i think that's the right one... 'T' ites and 'M' ites.... yes). Great song, great song.
#8December 9th, 2006 · 02:34 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
37 posts
Canada
Style
I like the style of this...  I could have fun with it

But it's yours, not mine

But I like it..

Robbie.
#9December 17th, 2006 · 05:14 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Sounds pretty awesome. Very slow movement. Really relaxing.
#10December 28th, 2006 · 09:54 PM
3 posts
United States of America
Nice
Very cool. I love the sound. You could hit it big.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.