#1November 27th, 2006 · 10:50 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Small Minds
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-12

This is a new style of music I’ve been developing for a while now.  There’s 4 different parts to it.  The first track is what I call a “cage” track,  which is basically a midi propelled rendering of some tweaked piano tones. Then there’s also 2 separate vocal lines doing what I call a “twin lead” (not so much harmony as two different lyrical lines).  Finally there’s an electric guitar track. 

Its me doing everything here on the demo. Right now I’m in the process of looking for a couple of singers who would be interested in forming a band to play this kind of music.

There’s still a few problems with both this one and the other one that I recorded (mostly with the secondary vocal line) but on the sum of it I think it sounds good.  Mostly I’m trying to figure out a way to get it professionally mastered without it costing me an arm and a leg.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 27th, 2006 · 10:56 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
definitely different....find it very hard to listen to because there is so much going on..It's like being in a crowded room and hearing all the conversations at once...good luck with this..Im sure there will be an audience for ya..Im just not one of them.
#3November 27th, 2006 · 10:58 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Mad!
This sounds very  well constructed and the complex harmony structure set by the piano and guitar creates a heavy mood that I can still enjoy but is no easy-listening at all...

Keep on at it... the vocal tracks have some issues, the guitar playing sounds just a bit off at the beggining, but I think this have a real big potential.

Good Luck.
#4November 27th, 2006 · 11:58 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
why this is.....

I

N

S

A

N

E

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimk   
#5November 28th, 2006 · 04:04 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)

I liked this from 2:10ish onwards I think, don't get me wrong I fully respect your experimenting it's just that it hurts my brain!
#6November 28th, 2006 · 10:34 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
38 posts
United States of America
hmmm, yeah, I guess so...
kinda, lennon meets zappa,  maybe you could get yoko ono to sing with you,  he he,  I kinda liked it, it reached some level in my mind that i left behind and i couldn't find for some time.... oh well keep it up I'll be listening....hp13
#7December 3rd, 2006 · 02:52 AM
3 posts
Australia
wow
It is truly original...

I love the spoken section, and after that this song seems to soar 

The more I listen to it, the more I like it 

suggestions: the vocal arrangement at the beginning maybe could be reworked.
#8December 3rd, 2006 · 04:42 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
this is different, alright!

but a new style of music? hmmmmmm... listen to early Legendary Pink Dots albums... listen to Nurse with Wound... this is what is commonly referred to as "psychedelic noise"

but this means, I do like this song.. I agree that some of the vocal harmonies in the beginning were out of tune, but the eventual effect of the song is very "driven", very activating, very "awake". praise for that, and keep it up!
#9December 8th, 2006 · 11:57 AM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
Holy jaysus!
crazy, im glad im not on mushrooms.
interesting approach.
the last minute is the best part i think, well maybe thats just cos its easier to listen to without all the layers.
post more though id like to hear what else you have.
#10December 8th, 2006 · 01:03 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
I'll stick with that...it is a bit insane...ha
#11December 9th, 2006 · 05:28 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the comments.  This is 19-tone music btw in case anybody's curious what it sounds like.

I'm going to be spending a fair bit of time working on the vocals and then I'm going to take it to a studio and see if I can get a better mixing result with pro-tools.
#12December 17th, 2006 · 09:16 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
27 posts
United States of America
blah
sorta..too much man..just too much going on. nice start though.
#13December 17th, 2006 · 09:40 PM
13 threads / 7 songs
167 posts
Ireland
genius!
#14December 18th, 2006 · 10:43 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
crazy, yet somehow pleasant. jack
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 4:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.