#1November 26th, 2006 · 10:37 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Take Me Away

This song is not in a battle

Just a little tune I made while exploring an alternate tuning on my guitar. Makes everything sound finda 'down home.'

I think there's lots of room to make this one into an actual song! ;-)

Jeff

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 26th, 2006 · 11:20 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
guitar is killer! gives me warm feeling in side, though it's hard to hear the vocals...
#3November 27th, 2006 · 12:06 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Hey man...
First, I'd like to say it's been a while since I've seen ya around...glad to see ya....

Not sure if I like the drum track with this one...  I think I would prefer it to just be guitar and vocal... maybe a soft bass line.. and even an occasional mandolin or violin coming in... but nothing too much...  and no drum at all.

It just doesn't need it....  this style of the song, and the feel in it.. as just guitar and vocal would be so sweet...

As for the rest, I kind of agree the vocals get a bit lost... but I think it's partly because the drum track is just messing up the mind...  causing you to not be able to focus on the vocals...  so, lose the drums, and see what you think.... 

otherwise...  great song...  love the lyrics...  the whole feel is pretty cool...  can't wait to hear you do a whole song with it... but like I said.. perhaps through some bass and mando or violin or both.. and go more with the bluegrass/newgrass folk kind of thing.... 

JimK
#4November 27th, 2006 · 12:22 AM
11 threads / 11 songs
73 posts
Canada
Yup.
I agree with y'all! And it's nice to be back.
#5November 27th, 2006 · 07:41 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
33 posts
Canada
Great song man, and I think the drums are good too. Jim's probably right about adding a few more insturments, this song has lots of room to grow. Again, great song.
#6November 27th, 2006 · 04:46 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Nice to see you back!  Luv the guitar intro..has a "Bron y'aur Stomp" feel to it....lyrics are good...keep working on those vox...a little more confidence, and work on pitch....and you're there! 
#7December 19th, 2006 · 09:41 AM
8 threads / 8 songs
127 posts
Bulgaria
sounds pretty good and the guitar is nice! Onlythe vocals.. 
#8January 13th, 2007 · 11:37 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
33 posts
United Kingdom
Lovely
Definetly more my thing.  Voice is fantastic and you are right, this song could be a nice one.  The verse part is there but a little tampering with the chorus, like higher key with voice, then a real nice one for the collection.  ..........really nice voice
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:13 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.