#1November 26th, 2006 · 02:20 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Escape The Inanity

This song is not in a battle

I hope this is the last version. This sounded pretty cool with me, but like I said, I'm not too great with percussion. I hope I didn't do anything too bad with it. I reduced the level of volume on the chasses except the one that doesn't go from ear to ear. I made the ones that go from ear to ear more noticable going from ear to ear. I reduced the volume of several other instruments in this peice so that they don't drown out the chasses with their reduced volume. Added in a beat I'm not too sure is too great, and here it is.

Enjoy, I hope you like it!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 26th, 2006 · 02:24 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I believe you are afraid of playing drums..... this needs drums!!!! otherwise something is missed in this music. But this is my own opinion. Maybe you wanted that in this manner.

But... not bad!
#3November 26th, 2006 · 02:50 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
I believe you are afraid of playing drums..... this needs drums!!!! otherwise something is missed in this music. But this is my own opinion. Maybe you wanted that in this manner.

But... not bad!

Alittle bit. But I also am not too good with percussion either. And I just noticed that the level of them need to be lifted up in louder parts.
#4November 26th, 2006 · 05:02 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes lots of them, Drums!! Drums!! Drums! Boom! Boom! Boooom!
So you say your not good with percussion? your pretty good with the rest of it.

I used that one too and still do some times, but because I made an issue of it, it became an issue which I dealt with  the best I could,
If you ever listen to some of my PC generated music posted on bandAmp you'll hear the role of the drums is some times over exaggerated.
It's all one big learning process.

Can you get hold of a copy of Propellerheads ReCycle, I still love looping and susing samples with it.
If your ever planing on using samples this way, it's an excellent tool.
#5November 26th, 2006 · 05:19 PM
151 threads / 150 songs
265 posts
United States of America
Things are distorting a bit, try putting a limiter on some of the instruments.
#6November 26th, 2006 · 05:33 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Theotherguy89 wrote…
Things are distorting a bit, try putting a limiter on some of the instruments.

Which things? I use a fruity loop compressor plugin for each pattern. And I'm waiting for my new headphones, so I can't really tell since things are a tad bit distorted for me anyways right now. (Blew them out just working on this song xD).
#7November 26th, 2006 · 08:17 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
Yes lots of them, Drums!! Drums!! Drums! Boom! Boom! Boooom!
So you say your not good with percussion? your pretty good with the rest of it.

I used that one too and still do some times, but because I made an issue of it, it became an issue which I dealt with  the best I could,
If you ever listen to some of my PC generated music posted on bandAmp you'll hear the role of the drums is some times over exaggerated.
It's all one big learning process.

Can you get hold of a copy of Propellerheads ReCycle, I still love looping and susing samples with it.
If your ever planing on using samples this way, it's an excellent tool.

I try to make a good beat, but it doesn't usually sound like a beat at all when I actually try. xD
#8November 26th, 2006 · 08:41 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
And if you were to try a loop sample cut from some beat you like?
And then just build the song on to it, if you work in Fruity, Devo and WillyDavidK have some tutorials concerning loops and Fruity in the forums.
I haven't checked them out yet because I haven't been here that long my self and I don't really work with Fruity any more.
But I could explain a lot of the things you need to do to make good loops,
I love em'

I bet if you made a call on bandAmp for drum loops, you'd get loads.
#9November 27th, 2006 · 08:34 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
33 posts
Canada
I am joining the drum bandwagon. And I wouldn't say you are bad at percussion, the whole song is made with a huge emphasis on percussion. If you weren't good at it, this wouldn't be a good song, and it is.
#10January 3rd, 2007 · 12:49 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
Well, the drum bandwagon doesn't hear the drums, but I can, but I'll fix that. I had problems hearing the drums on my $20 headphones too. The reason they are hard to hear is because I'm a Fruity Delay Bank freak. :P
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:25 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.