#1November 22nd, 2006 · 09:45 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
First Snow

This song is not in a battle

So, was smokin a j... listening to takaminers song 'the monkey' and thought... man i really like this guitar riff... so i stole it as usual and improvised some piano over the top to suit my mood, gave it a cheesy title... and hey presto... I'ts not really a 'song' but i liked listening to it so figured someone round here, might like it too, maybe one day i'll get round do finishing it, giving it and ending or fixing some of the timing issues in the piano... which was a one take job... who knows... aaaanyway... i hope you enjoy it as much as i do

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 22nd, 2006 · 10:17 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
wow....
This is really cool....   Very chill....   THe title really fits this one....

I am downloading this one, because I have to...  This is going to go well in the MP3 as I drive around next week in the cold and windy Ohio weather....

JimK
#3November 23rd, 2006 · 10:58 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
38 posts
United States of America
Yeah....
listening takes the place of having to light up,  it feels good,  not sure if i like the drum thing, tho.  i,m kinda liking the sharing thing and will soon put some ideas out there for you folks to co-laberate with...   oops kind of an abrupt ending, eh?  later, hp13
#4November 24th, 2006 · 10:59 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
The drums were not quite on beat, it seemed to me. I dunno, some aspect of the timing seemed off, somehow.
But I couldn't really identify what is was.

It drones on a bit, even with the addition of drums. Until the end, where the piano gets going some more.
#5December 18th, 2006 · 03:36 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
well... how did I miss this?

pretty cool. nice piano. brings the song in a different direction.

keep em coming
#6December 18th, 2006 · 01:47 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hey, I hadn't had a chance to listen to this before, this is really cooL! Very chill! (fits the title)

Amazing Space... really... I remember well when I was still on J's - that combined with winter time... and chillout sounds... it's hard to beat! (when sober, looking back, gives it that extra dimension which indeed does beat that feeling, for some reason )
#7December 21st, 2006 · 01:39 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
I'm one who is glad you posted this song,Devo...
Nice mellow flow to it
easy to listen to

Flyer
#8December 21st, 2006 · 05:02 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
very relaxing. jack
#9December 21st, 2006 · 10:43 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
tinkling...chillin song...very relaxing.
#10December 21st, 2006 · 10:49 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah I dig it!
Nice sound, very wrapping, suits the season...I mean surrounding, but you got me didn't you?
#11December 22nd, 2006 · 01:47 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So you nicked only a small loop from taka?
I went over to 'the Monkey' to check it out and to see if I could suss out what was what.
It has become a different song, 'First Snow' a very good name for it too.
Having read that maybe the beat is off time, I must disagree, the beat is nearly the only thing that has a time, the piano and riff are so timeless, free and eternal.
The beat actually made me think of slushy snow and has a slight Christmas feel too.

Devo the creator strikes again!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 7:49 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.