#1November 22nd, 2006 · 12:26 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Lady (Acoustic)

This song is not in a battle

I just had to do it.....

This is an acoustic version of Lady...  Using my Resonator guitar, and my Mouth Harp....

Hope you like it.... 

JimK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 22nd, 2006 · 01:57 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
Jim your vocals are getting really good man...you have a good song here..I dont care for the  ( I duno WTF its called ) the twanger?   in the background
I think it takes away from the song...maybe a nice accoustic steady strum beat and harp and your vocals would be a nice sound also...really impressed with the way you have been singing..your voice seems so much more relaxed and into it....COOL

Flyer
#3November 22nd, 2006 · 03:03 AM
66 threads / 66 songs
153 posts
Italy
really cool, atmosphere really good. I laso like the twanks! jack
#4November 25th, 2006 · 04:42 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hey.. thanks..
FLYER7747 wrote…
Jim your vocals are getting really good man...you have a good song here..
Hey thanks man...  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy man....
flyerdude wrote…
I dont care for the  ( I duno WTF its called ) the twanger?   in the background
I think it takes away from the song...maybe a nice accoustic steady strum beat and harp and your vocals would be a nice sound also...really impressed with the way you have been singing..your voice seems so much more relaxed and into it....COOL

Flyer

Lol..  That's the mouth harp.. made famous by Snoopy in the Peanuts cartoons...  I love them... They are so much fun to play with...  this particualre one I got in St Louis... at the gift shop at the Gateway Arch...

Had to record with it...  and I figured this would be a good song for it...  gives it a more western feel to it..

Anyway... thanks again....

jackcat wrote…
really cool, atmosphere really good. I laso like the twanks! jack

Thanks man!  I am real new to the slide guitar... I have only messed with it about 3 times...  once was when I recorded tyco blues..which you can hear at: http://jkoontz.com/mandolin.html

Anyway.. thanks again guys...  I think the vocals are much better on this one than on the electric version as well..  I am kind of proud of myself on that.. 

JimK
#5November 25th, 2006 · 06:45 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
the mood in this version is really great! it's a superb type of blues folk, with a great choice of instruments - they work together perfectly - and you vocal delivery is the best I've heard from you so far.

I'm getting inspired by this.... this is beautiful, Jim!
#6November 25th, 2006 · 09:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I love the Jewish Harp! I think it fits perfectly in the song. The ominous Booooiinnnnnggggggg!

This is a hauntingly beautiful love song.

I tried the link but found I didn't want to listen, it's not personal, Its Quicktime, I loath it!

Could you post a link to the 'tyco blues' mp3?

Do I hear a police siren in the background or is that some really amazing resonance play between the harp and the guitar?
#7November 25th, 2006 · 10:08 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
I love the Jewish Harp! I think it fits perfectly in the song. The ominous Booooiinnnnnggggggg!

This is a hauntingly beautiful love song.

I tried the link but found I didn't want to listen, it's not personal, Its Quicktime, I loath it!

Could you post a link to the 'tyco blues' mp3?

Do I hear a police siren in the background or is that some really amazing resonance play between the harp and the guitar?

yeah.. I just use the "embed" html coding..   the link to the song is, http://jkoontz.com/tycoblues.mp3

No siren in there... it is just the guitar and harp... there is some slide stuff goin on and certain places where many of the sounds come together, it creates a very haunting sound... vould be what you are perceiving as a siren..  Since I created the recording, it is hard for me to hear other things in it...  I am glad it does have that ability...  makes it more interesting to listen to as an observer... 

JimK
#8November 25th, 2006 · 11:57 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
lol
thats the Harp?  lol..I guess I need to get out more  lol

Flyer
#9November 26th, 2006 · 01:17 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
Jim, for what I can see here you're becoming more and more confident with your singing and playing... I love the blues feel of your voice, sounds so natural...  I didn't like much the "I duno WTF its called" sound, but I guess that's just the King's touch  

Cheers.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 4:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.