United States of America
the voice of chaos.....

This song is not in a battle

The Voice of Chaos and Dischord
(Also called "The Longest 2:04")

OK first off, LISTEN IN HEADPHONES
the panning is important.

This was just a crazy idea I had.
I wondered what it would sound like if I recorded a trumpet randomly playing notes five times and lay the tracks on top of each other.

This is what happened.........

No editing, even me coughing and arguing with my mother is in there.

And it was all possible because of the help of Jim Koontz! My eternal gratitude unto you, Jim!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 20th, 2006 · 11:33 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Dude...
It was a pleasure to help...

This is amazingly cool!   I love it..  It's as mad as I am!!

Very good trumpet playing skills you have there.... and what a creative mind!

Looking foward to much more from you good sir...

JimK  
#3November 21st, 2006 · 02:11 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
38 posts
United States of America
interesting to be sure...
who won the argument you or your mom, heh, heh?
#4November 21st, 2006 · 04:40 PM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
I really like this...it's wacky....I'd love to hear it with a powerful straight beat behind it...with a solid bass riff...make it into something really groovin
#5November 21st, 2006 · 07:24 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
lol Jim thank you for your compliment on my trumpet skills, but this really isn't the best example of it. As I said, it was totally random notes, I didn't start off with a key or anything. I even made a buch of buzzy noises through it with my tongue, and at once point simply blew air through it

hp- lol, lets not get into that

and spoon - i dunno how that would work, as if I put in a bass all the trumpets would sound out of key. It managed to work this way only as if I was playing in a "chromatic key". But I'll see what I can do with it. This was experimentation, and it doesn't have to end here.
#6November 21st, 2006 · 08:53 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hi
This is very different...creative....Will be waiting to hear your next post
keep it going

Flyer
#7November 24th, 2006 · 12:11 AM
51 posts
United States of America
how long have you been playing trumpet? i started 3 months ago defenitly fun instrument to play
#8November 24th, 2006 · 06:55 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You ever heard of David Byrne formerly of Talking Heads?

He's got a solo album out just like this, one song is called something like 'In the Future' and it's all trumpets done in a similar way.

I respect him and you because you are obviously both geniuses, it's just that I couldn't listen to it on a regular bases.
#9November 24th, 2006 · 12:24 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
I'm amazed Oldies 

this is your first record and it's a HIT!!

very good idea about the random notes, the mix and everything you did.

This is a great step 'cause you find the way to create something from your brain/tongue/ears/eyes/fingers/trumpet with an excellent sense of chaos

This is posmodernism what it is...

i mean you break all the pre-conceived rules of construction and now you are at the other side...
as King said: You ever heard of David Byrne formerly of Talking Heads? He's got a solo album out just like this...

I really enjoyed this one Oldies, it's a very good experiment (I hope you don't follow just this way)

Cheers and two thumbs up

Dodo
#10November 24th, 2006 · 10:46 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Wow, guys. I'm really glad you like it so much, I'm definitely proud. The first two people to hear it were like...."uh......  ...its good......".

And kings, wow, I knew I was pretty good at trumpet but a genius, wow, thanks.

Boris, I've been playing for 3 1/2 years now. Started in the summer of 6th grade, and now i am a freshman.
#11November 25th, 2006 · 06:38 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well, I can say that you have found that essential part of creating music, don't what to call it - - - - unpredictability? - that keeps it from getting boring ... you know, this is really interesting. you keep the listener's attention in all "random" parts, actually evoking images of backstage halls and rooms, the hours that come before, inbetween, and after sets... a good bottle of scotch... that has been emptied by a bunch of chicks in the room next door... and the coughing / talking resembling the soundguys and other random personnel strayed hin and fro overdosed on cafeine and cigarettes, 4:00 AM in the morning...

very interesting listening experience! keep it up!

It makes me feel all experimental art-movie like... LOL
#12December 8th, 2006 · 03:15 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
lol Oldies, you really are the comic performer, with this sort of praise, I'd love to see what would happen when you kick up the notch and play the trumpet seriously, although that might not work because you have musical rules to follow, you can't do this, or that, what I see in that song is freedom to the tune of anarchy, sweet music to my ears (hums along to the track)
#13December 8th, 2006 · 01:01 PM
17 threads / 15 songs
271 posts
United Kingdom
ha! I like the part when you cough
#14December 12th, 2006 · 04:38 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
15 posts
United States of America
praise to the trumpet
Sounds like Miles Davis on a bad high. Sound is amazing.  Why did the end break off abruptly?
#15December 17th, 2006 · 05:13 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
where's a traffic cop when U need one?
sad but true ...you need professional help mate......plaza del chaos rome .Perfect.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 9:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.