#1May 19th, 2005 · 01:00 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
29 posts
United States of America
Lid
Score: 60.6%
Battle: 2005-08

Amazing what 1000 miles will do to a relationship.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 22nd, 2005 · 06:37 AM
25 threads / 23 songs
127 posts
United States of America
life has interesting twists that make us who we are
#3July 31st, 2005 · 09:10 PM
21 posts
United States of America
I don't know about this one.  It's definately not the best you've put up here.  I think the vocals are maybe a bit too dramatic for me.
#4August 1st, 2005 · 12:00 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
30 posts
United States of America
I like this song.  the vocals are a little different from your other stuff, but still very good.  dude keep doin what you do, your music rocks.
#5August 1st, 2005 · 03:57 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
hmm... did you record this on an acoustic-electric? the guitar sounds like plastic, was it an ovation?

that's about the only comment i have... this is the first song of yours that i've heard

i agree that it's a bit dramatic... and it comes across a little "cheesy" the way it's done... but i see potential in it... i'm not sure what should do to it... maybe scream it an octave higher? like curt cobain style of voice? lol i have no idea...

other than that... it's ok
#6August 2nd, 2005 · 07:10 AM
34 posts
United Kingdom
Nice. I'll have to listen to your other stuff as I like this and apparently its not your best stuff. The lyrics fall a bit in places but I'm not one to talk. Good work.
#7August 2nd, 2005 · 08:12 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Guitar needs perhaps some different mic positioning if its a standard acoustic, or if you have a poor electro-acoustic perhaps its the amplifier. I'd recommend the acoustic aural exciter pedal form Aphex to get a less 'boxy' sound. Either way, definitely needs some EQ work.

Aside from that its a nice chilled song

A bit of advice:

On your equaliser (if you are using a mixing console or similar plugin), set the mid boost control to a high gain level, and Q for a fairly wide frequency range (if you have a visual eq representation this is easier to judge). Then, 'sweep' (adjust) the mid frequency dial until you hit that boxy frequency that is causing problems (you will hear it strongly because you are boosting this frequency with alot of gain). Then, once you have identified the problematic frequency, use the gain control to apply a cut here instead - and then fine tune the 'Q' until you are only removing as much of the signal as you need to.

Also, if you are using a standard acoustic and aiming the mic directly into your soundhole and this is making it boomy...dont. Read about online for tips on microphone positioning for acoustic guitar.
#8August 5th, 2005 · 08:04 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
31 posts
United States of America
buy a new mic
-- my opinion --

Dunno, i did not find this song interesting, i think it was somewhat due to how much the guitar drowned out the vocals.

good length, though,
you didn't try to over-do the simple melody.

well put together, but the melody still didn't stand out the way you would want it to.

-- The girlfriend's opinion --

i think the song was good. I think the voice could use just a little bit of strength training.
The guitar was nice, the lyrics were cool. I'm glad that the voice layering was kept at the bare minimum on the chorus, it worked well instead over doing it.
#9August 6th, 2005 · 06:30 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
21 posts
United States of America
I realy dig it man.I love a good story told...Im happey you wrote that.
#10August 8th, 2005 · 08:09 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
Yes, dramatic and serious as others have said, but at least it was not too cliche.  I like it.  Can use some better production, but the subtle backup vocals in the end did a lot.  Well done.
#11August 8th, 2005 · 12:52 PM
15 threads / 11 songs
147 posts
United States of America
I like this one. Very easy going and chilled song. Great emotion to the lyrics, sounds like you actually care what you are saying.
#12August 9th, 2005 · 06:22 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
Netherlands
Nice song! Like the way the vocals follow the chords.
#13August 9th, 2005 · 08:00 AM
9 threads
98 posts
United States of America
dude, I thinm you're definately on to something here. I dunno what they're talking about, but I love dramatic! I think maybe you should put this on the soft rock cd we're making...PM me back to, okay?
#14August 9th, 2005 · 09:15 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Do the record again with three tracks.... two tracks for guitar and one track for vocals with effects and then mix down to one song. all in all pretty nice
#15August 22nd, 2005 · 04:37 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
21 posts
United States of America
pretty decent
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.