1 2 3

#1November 6th, 2006 · 05:27 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Folk-Spectacular Sunrise

This song is not in a battle

Tea and biscuits for the soul

I've been checking out the site and I've come to the conclusion that it must have started out as a 'guitar' based music site and that recently more and more 'techie' stuff has been posted.

Quite a natural occurrence seeing as were all siting behind these PERSONAL Computers that can, these day even make the Wizard of Oz look like a toy train operator.

As all my song posting till now have been 'mechanical' I've decided to post some of my earlier stuff from before I sold my soul to Bill Gates.

This is 'Spectacular Sunrise', Lyrics and Vocals by yours truly, music by a wizard called Jim Maguire, his latest music can be found at http://www.laliya.com

It's recorded in Jims front room in Leiden about 13 years ago!!!!! God I've had it.

Any way, what do you think?

BTW : Lyrics can be found at http://www.kingsonone.com/can-euon/caneuondau.htm

O yes, Happy New Year to all you Pagans out there

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 6th, 2006 · 10:39 AM
34 threads / 17 songs
581 posts
Canada
Lovely guitar playing....I really like the tonal quality of your voice too - reminds me a bit of Brian Ferry....and I like the lyrics....needs a better recording though.  Do it!! 
#3November 7th, 2006 · 11:35 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
great track, though indeed, the recording quality is far from good. somehow, with this type of music, it gives an authentic touch which full blown studio recordings often can't even match, so baby, it's alright now...

cheers, gonna check more of your work.
#4November 22nd, 2006 · 10:14 PM
131 threads / 114 songs
295 posts
United Kingdom
:O... i really like this...you should re-record this... this is really good, so simple yet chilled and happy and spoons right the tonality of your voice is really good... i'd really really like to hear this re-done and put on here DO IT!
#5November 22nd, 2006 · 10:22 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
man...
Ok....  You have now put your music where your mouth is......

This is fantastic.....   I love it.... The Mandolin is a great touch...  as you may have noticed, I am a mandolin maniac...  anyway, This is great....

The Noodle King bestows his grace upon you.....   Fare thee well, Oh fine Minstrel...

JimK
#6November 23rd, 2006 · 05:05 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
nice
good vocals..talking bout tea and bisquits..I need to fire up some water..Im so glad I have a microwave..do you have one ?...hold that note  be right back...ok Im back..thanks...nice song Kings...Did you fix your mp3 problem?..
I know this was recorded some time ago
I have a few programs that convert to Mp3...let me know..maybe you can use one

Accoustica
Wavepad
switch
Audacity ( I think you have this one )
Smart Converter

Let me know ( Pm or here )

Flyer
#7November 24th, 2006 · 12:24 PM
16 threads / 15 songs
108 posts
Bulgaria
really good...
Really good piece of work.I like this very much Great!
#8November 24th, 2006 · 05:46 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
ReFlex : Thank you
Flyer : Do you make tea in the microwave? strange! I use a kettle. My uncle pours his tea from a height, he says that the air makes it taste better.
 JimK : Thank ye kindly master of the realm. BTW I love 'my loves' in Nakedtoes4mes album, its just simply such a beautiful picture.
To the 'Do Its' spoon and Devo, I'd LOVE to re-record most of these songs but Jim the guitarist is now in Oz and I cant get hold of him 
I'm not really an instrument player or a musician, I make music but it is not always what it should be.
O spoon thank you so much for the Brian Ferry ref, I'm ok with that , I think Brian Ferry is cool.
And PX : If I could be able to put into words what kind of significance the song "Its all right now" has/had in my life I'd be a very rich man. Suffice to say, that bit is inspiration enough for me. Thank you.
#9November 24th, 2006 · 11:21 PM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
puts me in mind of nick drake.
even your accent at points hints at an englishness which wouldnt normally be associated with a dutch man. the mandolin is quite nice, reminds me of the dubliners, tour a loaur a lally touar a loaur a lie! not what i expected from you at all, obviously a man of many talents begorrah!
#10November 25th, 2006 · 04:44 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A! my wonderful Irish friend.

I'm not talking about you kmeroddy.

Jim Maguire the guitarist : an Irishman away from home
Your singer and lyric writer : a Cymro also away from home

Do you know what a Cymro is? Holy Head and all that!
Still not? Ok I'm the same nationality as St Patrick and the Edge. (good name for a band)

The mandolin player was an Englishman.

If kmeroddy means something, I'd love to know what because I think it's a beautiful word.
#11November 26th, 2006 · 10:42 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
the tone is really pleasing i like it a lot...

good vote
#12November 27th, 2006 · 07:10 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
coffie and cookies for me pls
great song, especially the way you sing it!
sometimes i hear a little Jagger intonation/sound (to me) which i liked very much fitting in
enjoyed  listening very much
#13December 4th, 2006 · 07:11 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
23 posts
India
hey wht did u used to produce ths i mean the procedure..........plz tell me
#14December 4th, 2006 · 08:06 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Doe : we had a 4-track a Tascam I think and one microphone and recorded it the front room, I might have been in the bathroom for this one, I cant remember. And that's it.

I believe I can sing and Jim is an amazing guitarist so I think that has a lot to do with it.
#15December 20th, 2006 · 07:03 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I loved it
It remind me of dick annegard someone I love and if I'm not mistaken is Dutch too
very very nice
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 9:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.