#1November 3rd, 2006 · 06:41 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
19 posts
United States of America
Dear Anonymous,
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 7 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2006-11

My favorite song I've written so far probably... the concept of this one is a love letter to a girl the persona feels he about to meet. I used a sort of strange tuning -- the B string is tuned down to an A, which makes for I think some pretty cool open chords -- similar to what Billy Corgan did for Muzzle. The levels in the beginning for the acoustic relative to the vocals are a little low, and the drums we could only record with a single mic, but I still think it came out pretty well. Really meaningful song for me - hope you like.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 3rd, 2006 · 06:54 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Anonymous
Are you the singer? I love your/the voice. Nice tune, the intro had me ready to rock but I wasnt dissapointed when it went soft..I like it. Only complaint..well a suggestion really.. at 3:29 maybe go all distorted and heavy and end it with the intro riff at 4:27...then use the clean riff thats at 4:27? I dont know I really like it just trying to critique something..lol It would be cool somewhere though to re introduce the distortion.Anyways, really cool tune you wrote here.
#3November 4th, 2006 · 03:53 PM
10 threads / 7 songs
78 posts
Trinidad and Tobago
Yeah the quite acoustic part was saddening cuz i was seriously about 2 like get my guitar and start head banging in the mirror but it didn't...Still a very nice song
#4November 5th, 2006 · 07:24 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
the drums are too far in the background. Voice recording is good same as the guitar playing. Sounds nice really. But this song can be freshed up with some strings and well mixed drums.
#5November 7th, 2006 · 05:55 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Single mike 4 drums works ok on this.... the excellent acc git suits perfectly ....mmmm soulful song mate & your vox are very sweet indeed all in all gets there and with some tweaking .... more   
#6November 10th, 2006 · 11:32 PM
31 posts
Canada
Nice song. The drums need to be clearer. But apart from that congrats!
#7November 12th, 2006 · 12:37 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
its a nice song

but i agree about the guitar....it feels like lifting off but not quite soaring eh?
#8November 14th, 2006 · 07:21 PM
pick up the drums huh?
great guitar though!
#9November 22nd, 2006 · 06:25 PM
6 posts
United States of America
I also think you need to either cut out the intro, make it less distorted, or put more distortion in the song, because it just doesn't blend that well. Whoever was singing was nice though, definitly good singing.
#10November 23rd, 2006 · 03:39 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
29 posts
Netherlands
At the start i expected some type of metal track.
But it didn't take long to hear this is a beautiful song.
Like the whole ambient of it.

Grtzz ScanVoice
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.