#1November 3rd, 2006 · 05:44 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Vocal/Synth/Samples - SpinningWheel

This song is not in a battle

This piece came after 'If I were....' and is still, in that sense, a vocal try out.
There's some beats from DJJean in there as well as many others, most of them played through PhatMatix.

The lyric is inspired by a girl who kept on walking past my kitchen window every morning, she was going to work, I was having breakfast. Then one day as I was leaning against the kitchen top, tea in hand she walked by, this time though she just turned and looked straight at me (with her big brown eyes) and I looked at her and as she passed both my kitchen windows, we just looked at each other the whole time, and that was it.
It had quite a profound effect on me!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 7th, 2006 · 04:52 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
lol, I know those kind of situations!

if you were in a really bad adult entertainment movie, you know what would have happened next. sometimes it is sad that life just isn't like that... but mostly, that would surely take away the essentials necessary for the birth of lovely experimental tunes such as this.

heh, keep it up!
#3November 18th, 2006 · 05:37 PM
30 threads
169 posts
United States of America
women and whine
This is the song that goes with the lyric post? It's hard to follow the lyrics, and (at least on my crappy sound system) the drums drown out a lot of the rest.

The song succeeds in, um, being experimental. But honestly, I think it wastes some awesome lyrics (I reviewed the lyric post too), which would benefit from a more straightforward presentation, at least the two main first verses. Can you intersperse experimeation in the interludes, even the vocal interludes, with more strightforward musical and vocal techniques?

Let me ask you this. If that girl walked by again and looked at you, and you could tell her what an impact her last look had on you and invite her in to listen to the song she inspired, is this what you would want to play for her? I know it's not a fair question, because that isn't what you wrote this for. But it's fun to think about in the wee hours, ain't it?
#4January 19th, 2007 · 05:43 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
hey
I love the story Line...isnt it funny how a song comes to us in a fashion as so..this is a good recording...This is deff something i could never think of composing  as you have..very creative... the vox seems a lil low..I dunno it may be just me.. this is put together well Kings...not my style..but I can appreciate this work very much....

Flyer
#5January 19th, 2007 · 03:31 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Hey Kings! i really like this! is there anyway I could talk you out of the science so I can work a remix!?
#6September 17th, 2009 · 08:40 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
one from the vaults
I Really enjoy this & the story in music here lends well imagery and suspense .

What happens next????
#7September 18th, 2009 · 08:30 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: one from the vaults
yokoinc wrote…
I Really enjoy this & the story in music here lends well imagery and suspense .

What happens next????
Hey thanks for digging it up!
I haven't listened to my own stuff for a long time.

What happened next? ..... She went to work and I wrote a song! lol
I can picture her now, she was a beautiful Spanish traveler doing seasonal work further up the road, she did the season and I've not see her since......and life goes on. 
#8September 20th, 2009 · 09:45 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
DUDE!!!!!!
I muss have missed this one..This is super creative Kings...Im super Impressed by the way you put this together!!
So what ever happened to that girl..Are you going go now "Shes my wife!"lol...Anyways wicked man!
#9September 22nd, 2009 · 06:24 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Marino wrote…
DUDE!!!!!!
I muss have missed this one..This is super creative Kings...Im super Impressed by the way you put this together!!
So what ever happened to that girl..Are you going go now "Shes my wife!"lol...Anyways wicked man!

Naa! I've had the wife thing cheers!
The girly outside my window was Spanish anyway.....I couldn't have dealt with her...you know these Spanish types, very hot headed, emotional and irrational !! lol

I'm with someone now who is, and it feels like she always has been, every time around ..... and it still has no name.

Glad you liked it M, and cheers for giving it a listen.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 3:33 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.