341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Synth/Samples - Party Time

This song is not in a battle

A party song
A happy song

Background:
The drum beat came from royalties free samples MP3 and was the beginning of the song
It was an experiment into understanding the concept of 'drums'

The 'O Le!' comes from a film I'd downloaded of a Granny kicking a baby across a garden ( don't worry I'm not like that, it wasn't real, just well edited)

The bass that comes in is a Triangle2, the synths at the beginning are a CM101 and the Cheeze Machine, there's a Muon Atom in there as well.

This is the original
After making the song I lost all my samples in a crash though I still have the set-up in Cubase its just not the same without those original samples.

Some advice: Always Backup your work

Otherwise:

Party on!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 3rd, 2006 · 10:17 AM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
well it wouldnt make me want to party, its interesting though, and pretty well structured.
the one thing thats a bit annoying is the main di di di di di didi synth, i think its make it sound a bit childish, but apart from that its pretty good.
#3September 16th, 2007 · 08:48 PM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
I can understand what kmeroddy means by the synth sounding childish, but it sounds good otherwise. I could see it being played at a parade.
#4September 19th, 2007 · 05:59 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hey thanks!
It is meant to be 'childlike' , I was a 'child' when I created it and anyway my kid loves it, he still sings it these days! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.