#1October 27th, 2006 · 04:28 AM
26 threads / 26 songs
96 posts
Russia
Koza Nostra
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 4 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-08

I shall be glad to the objective criticism.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 27th, 2006 · 05:51 AM
15 posts
United States of America
pattern-centric synth music
For me, its difficult to critique these type of tunes without some idea of the purpose. For instance, is it intended for use with video. If so, it may work as is, but we don't the video playback to critique. It didn't come across as dance music because I wasn't tapping my feet and there was no infectious beat. I may just be out of touch with the beat so hopefully you'll get more data points.  If you are writing for hip hop and rap, all kinds of partially developed synth pieces can be useful. However, it hard to ascertain their worth until someone sings and/or raps over them. As listening music, it is too repetitive for me. The lack of melodic and rhythmic development using vocals, changes and/or improvised solos is noticeable. At 5:42 it is way to long for short attention span theater (the place where I listened to your song). The various patterns in the songs should be shorter so they offer changes in a more timely manner. For this piece, try to say everything in 2 minutes.

Try to be more forward leaning in this compositions and seek to inspire the listener. Maybe just to tap their feet and for extra bonus bob their heads. Your previous dirge focused on emoting so we know you can focus during the composition phase.  

It may improve this music if you have a melodic and rhythmic theme in mind and develop it. Don't use synth  patterns as a crutch albeit a fun and easy way to "Frankenstein" as song.  If you're a synth hound, then slap on the portamento with a strong lead Moog sound a jam over this pieces. Express yourself. Beat this song to death, revive it and then post it again. Try somethings that moves and catches the listeners attention over the pattern.   

In general, repetitive pattern based synth pieces are fun and easy to compose and they can be collectively whipped out by the millions using home PCs. I love to use synthesizers, easy to use editors, music workstation and all sort of digital processing. I don't knock the genre and the end results. But you should express yourself and be different from the other million patterns. If you going to use pattern based composition than do it with attitude. This song has very little attitude.
#3July 19th, 2008 · 02:10 PM
17 threads / 16 songs
99 posts
United States of America
I like it but it feels like something is missing.?? I don't know what maybe it's the main beat if it changed a little or you had it fade in and out a little. Don't get me wrong it's good. I'd love to here some hard guitar riffs in this.
I could try to see if I could pull something off. (if you are willing) anyway it has great potential keep working on it
#4July 19th, 2008 · 05:42 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Koza Nostra
Colden wrote…
I shall be glad to the objective criticism.
objectively .............sorry but........... its boring ......................
slow on ideas No Real Structure .........just a flow of changes......
needs a start middle finish
no hook.......no power.........no vocals.....no dynamic changes.....no tempo changes....no direction

its a worked over loop

thats fine if u r learning how to use your software ..............so dont worry

sorry

fish
#5July 21st, 2008 · 09:28 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
12 posts
Israel
This is a good start.  Not much happens in the song, but maybe that was on purpose?  I kept waiting for the Terminator to show up.
When the high part comes in around 3:34 it sounds a bit abrupt - like a new song started.
You have a solid frame to build around, but needs more meat!
#6July 21st, 2008 · 01:16 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
hmmm.... it might needs more something. I see the song progress. I think u shouldnt give up working on this song. Cool, kinda reminds me of some background music to some robot/terminator/action/scifi scene, oooohh i like that melody. I like how its different. Wait... what happened to it? I think u should work around that melody. That was nice. Keep working on this song! 
#7August 1st, 2008 · 06:08 AM
373 posts
China
You've got some ideas going into this piece, just needs some more programming, some elaborations, expand the horizon... too long, too repetitive but some decent pieces in there.... polish it up!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.