#1October 27th, 2006 · 01:53 AM
26 threads / 26 songs
96 posts
Russia
Tear
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 7 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2008-04

Was under impression of news about destruction of the old friend. Here that has turned out.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 27th, 2006 · 04:41 AM
15 posts
United States of America
ode to an old friend
Okay, this is my first shot at critiquing.

The song comes across as expressing sadness. Emoting was on target. If it is just a quickie ode you whipped up to express sadness, then ignore the comments and keep it as is.

If it's work in progress:  The drums sound like 808 style so if that is what you were going for, you nailed it.  They don't detract. I thought that the drums might have been cannon-like with toms in places to emphasize the dirge feel. The African type percussion was a nice touch.  Broke it up. The vox stuff worked as an attention getter but was well not well placed/woven into the song. If it was supposed to express random voices/noises in your head then it was right on. The oscillating synth (crying) line was repetitive; that would be partially remedied if the piece was shorter. Since I have have a very short attention span, even for my own schtuff, keeping slow instrumentals around 3 minutes or less is helpful for this audience of one.  It was not difficulty to listen to the entire piece but it was slightly tedious. Suggest that the synth line could benefit from more melodic development while still expressing sadness.

What system did you use to create the piece?

Lastly, I am not suggesting that I could or would write a better ode to an old friend.
#3October 27th, 2006 · 05:00 AM
26 threads / 26 songs
96 posts
Russia
For electronico
I would not name your criticism a shot. Most likely your loyal point of view. In many respects with you it agree. At the moment of creation of this composition my condition of soul was such. But now, probably, I shall take advantage of your advice. It is rather grateful to you.
#4October 28th, 2006 · 07:29 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
10 posts
United States of America
This was really cool. I like the way things built up towards the end, but as electronico said, it is a lttle drawn out.

Very well done over all though, and I hope you're feeling better. Mozeltov. 
#5October 28th, 2006 · 08:11 PM
26 threads / 26 songs
96 posts
Russia
For olishant
Thanks for good words. It agree, that is extended, but to alter this composition I do not want. It is has left in the past. It is necessary to do new.
#6April 11th, 2008 · 05:50 AM
5 threads / 2 songs
51 posts
India
spooky..
loved the chorus..!!
but they are not fluent..
i mean one can hear the strings changing from time to time...
and can detect the difference..

and yeah it too long..
one kinda looses interest after a while..
but loved the drum beats...
and yeah i did vote..
can you tell me about the vocals..
i mean were not clear..

what were they symbolizing..
#7April 11th, 2008 · 07:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A very transient piece, I liked this a lot, tripy and slowly getting there , but never really reaches yet once it's over you realise that it took you there any way !!!  
#8April 12th, 2008 · 01:29 AM
26 threads / 26 songs
96 posts
Russia
re: kings
Thanks, the friend..
#9April 12th, 2008 · 03:40 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
Well until the wooden timbre came in the drums didn't fit so well in the mix.
But this is a really interesting piece of music and is very dark.
The modulation makes it creepy. The bendy causes a stutter/break which is not cool .
The vocal sample could do with more change (flanger maybe speeding up and down/reverse) to make it sound disturbing to fit the piece. (Surreal)

It saddens me to think that somone felt this way when they made this song, but I suppose that's what makes music, music.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 8:54 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.